The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Warwick Due

+3
rgermain
Hubert
roli
7 posters

Go down

New Warwick Due Empty New Warwick Due

Post by roli Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:52 am

We have now lived in it for a month and am very pleased with it

The hand over at Spinney couldn't have been better, very unrushed and at SWBO pace.    Unllike the previous van there were no issues at all, clearly Spinney give the van a good check over unlike Marquis with the last one where there were loads of problems they should have seen.

I am amazed that no other convertor uses this layout which we are fine with, and ok,  its smaller than our previous van but it was big enough for all our junk for 4 weeks in Ireland plus 2 other trips.

Whilst we were away the step developed its own mind if it was coming out all the way or only part way but this was quickly resolved in less than a couple of minutes this weekend by Dan from Spinneys Service Department at their rally

There are a couple of light switches by the door that get knocked and our outside light dazzles next door !! Unless of course they have the tinted windows also.  Need to find a cover or something for this ( any Duo owners have this problem an resolved) I love the touch ceiling lighting.

It is the best sleeping machine (for me) that we have had, previous four caravans plus motorhomes,, Calypso, Executive, and Windsor don't come any where near this and I do like my kip.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

New Warwick Due Empty Re: New Warwick Due

Post by Hubert Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:06 am

Hi Roger
We have changed to a Warwick Duo after having a Symbol for a couple of years.
I can fully agree with your comments. We changed primarily to give us the option of single beds / "stretching out space" available with this layout. This ruled out any continental conversions which all seem to favour the dinette with rear transverse double. I don't think I would be happy sitting at a dinette for any long period.
The beds are very comfortable, the foam has just the right resilience to be comfortable for sitting and sleeping.
Also agree about the light switches by the door, very easy to switch the awning light on.

Just got back from 4 weeks in France and the van behaved faultlessly. Plenty of storage for wine and beer hugegrins
We went for the new fabric which we are very pleased with, in my opinion it brings the van up to date and modern looking.
My only grumble with this and the Symbol is the bathroom, surely it's about time they updated the wall coverings to something more durable, I don't think I could use it for showers on a regular basis.

Just got to get used to the long wheelbase now.

Hubert
Hubert
Hubert
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:24 pm

Hi, Am I glad someone else has problems with the light switches! My wife says it's me being clumsy. Would like to find a fix for it anyway.

Our van is a 2016 reg but a 2015 model, so ceiling lighting not touch type, or not that I have found.

Only problem I have found, if the fresh water is drained completely, when refilled the pump seems to need switching off and on for about 5-10 mins to prime the system.

It is going back to Dolphin this week for a look so will wait and see their view.

Otherwise 4 weeks in France and not a hiccup, apart from the little yellow warning triangle on the dash came on a couple of times, but nothing since fingers crossed.
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:01 am

Hi Rodger, Glad youre settling in with the Warwick. I wish more dealers were like Spinney. Our mistake was buying from a caravan dealer. Motorhomes to them were just trade in they wanted rid of.
The van we hired in New Zealand was very similar to the Warwick but Transit based . As much as we tried all the rear lounge vans we found were Seval based. The Duetto was a compromise and nearly worked for us. We could not afford a newish Seval based van and don't like the idea of inheriting the problems of the older Sevals.
 The Rienza we bought was a compromise of Ford, rear lounge and our budget. Hopefully this will take us on to our full retirement stage and beyond meaning more time away.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

New Warwick Due Empty Re: New Warwick Duo

Post by PMC Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:21 pm

Hi

Glad to hear of another happy Warwick owner.  I just love ours despite several trips back to dealer for correction of faults.  As a first timer, I innocently thought in exchange for a large sum of money, I would get a van where everything worked! Anyway we are getting there and are really enjoying using it.

Just wondering how you are finding the blind on the sliding door - ours vibrates and is noisy.  Any tips?
PMC
PMC

Female

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : None

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:32 am

Upto now we havnt used the blind on the sliding door.  This is a classic case of allowing AutoCad and not a human with experience design your vans
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:45 pm

On our Topaz, now sold, we stopped the blinds from vibrating by using small rubber wedges sold on Ebay and Amazon as sash window wedges.

Not had a problem with our 2015 Duo, only that the sliding door blinds are a bit difficult to access due to the Toilet getting in the way.
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:13 pm

roli wrote:There are a couple of light switches by the door that get knocked and our outside light dazzles next door !! Unless of course they have the tinted windows also.  Need to find a cover or something for this ( any Duo owners have this problem an resolved) I love the touch ceiling lighting.
Hi Roger

Can't suggest anything for the switches, but there must be variants you could use. Possibly rotary or sliders??? (See dimmers, below)

For the dazzling awning light I'd look into getting a dimmer fitted. They are very cheap on eBay and often come with a remote control - or replace the problem switch with a rotary, so no more switches to add to the confusion. You may want to have it at full brightness when checking that the cider isn't too cloudy!! content
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I want touch ceiling lights, particularly for the bathroom. They would be so much more convenient than feeling in the dark for the switch on the dome. I bet they are expensive though?

Dave smile!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

New Warwick Due Empty Warwick duo

Post by PMC Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:47 pm

Thanks for the suggestion - I've ordered some.  See how we get on.

P
PMC
PMC

Female

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:05 pm

PMC wrote:Thanks for the suggestion - I've ordered some.  See how we get on.
Dimmers or touch lights?

It's the latter I'm after, and would be interested to know the best source.

Dave smile!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:19 pm

I presume this is too industrial-looking, Dave?

Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:25 pm

Thanks Cymro, you presume correctly! winks

This is the one I'm currently looking at, but I can't remember if it's the same as A/S are fitting to the new vans. I know they do use Lumo stuff, so it might be. (Rob hasn't changed any yet, so he doesn't know either.)

Dave smile!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down