The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick XL camera and build quality.

4 posters

Go down

Warwick XL camera and build quality. Empty Warwick XL camera and build quality.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:05 pm

Hi, does anyone else,s reversing camera not work sometimes do to , No Signal.

Also we have just been away in it for two weeks and a lot of things have come loose ,including the fridge which keeps working its way out into the room. A lot of the screws that hold various items wont re tighten do to being over tightened originally. the microwave also came loose. We have Emailed Auto Sleeper but as yet not heard, it will obviously have to go back for the fridge. We bought it new last September, anyone else had any problems, not impressed with the build . Steve.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL camera and build quality. Empty warwick xl

Post by casey10 Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:59 pm

Hi I also have a warwick xL  2015 lots of problems & disappointed with build quality
casey10
casey10

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL camera and build quality. Empty Re: Warwick XL camera and build quality.

Post by Angel6855 Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:57 pm

We have a Warwick XL. We bought it new last June. The only thing of concern coincidentally was the reversing camera. There was a straight 50/50 split on the screen - one half working and the other half just interference. Not confident in my dealer, we booked a few days in Broadway and booked the van in to Willersey. We set off and 11 miles into the journey the screen came back to life. Autosleepers, however still exchanged the unit for a brand new one.

My wife also mentioned the smell from the water heater (Truma - well documented common fault on this forum) and they changed the hose. Seems to have solved that problem.

Since then, a few niggly problems - fridge door not closing properly, skylight blind coming off the runner and another skylight not fitted correctly (no leaks though). Again we tied in a holiday to Broadway and booked a habitation check with Autosleepers at Willersley. They corrected to all the faults - no questions asked.

Overall we are very pleased with the build quality and moreso the service at Autosleepers.

David
Angel6855
Angel6855
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL camera and build quality. Empty Re: Warwick XL camera and build quality.

Post by DaveKilroy Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:41 pm

The camera/monitor  problem is not uncommon  - the quality of the connections on the cables is not fit for purpose.
With mine 70% of the time it shows the blue screen with no signal. 

Th cable run goes above the sun visors and down the pillar at the drivers side. it may be worth trying to re-seat the cable connection (simple pull/push connector).  I have to do this every time the signal drops.
DaveKilroy

Male

Member Age : 58
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Post by GCCrow Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi,

First a comment on build quailty

I have had and XL from new in April  2014. I have had over 2 dozen faults rectified ranging from an entirely new fridge that failed from day one to numerous doors being replaced to paintwork rectification on the base vehicle and many many more ....I have over 1000 miles on the clock just due to taking it for warranty work to the dealer and Willersley. I had a Nuevo 2008 before this and I would say that the overall quality of the fit out was definitely superior to the XL partly due to cost cutting on materials e.g.Dometic cab blinds instead of Remis which was the previous standard for AS Cab blinds and partly to poor attention to detail on fitting equipment in the van.
Having said all that everything has been fixed and we enjoy the van and have put a few months use and over 10000 miles on the clock. 

Second a comment on the camera

One issue we had caused the reversing lights to be on when the vehicle was in forward gear...this was traced to a junction box where the reversing camera was linked to the van electrics. Other than this the camera works fine although I have noticed in very hot weather the colours change and the picture becomes yellowish but this has only happened a couple of days so far.
GCCrow
GCCrow

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down