The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thule omnistep

3 posters

Go down

Thule omnistep  Empty Thule omnistep

Post by parris466 Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:29 pm

The Thule Omnistep  fitted to my Kemerton XL is not fully extending.  It retracts fully when using the switch and also when the engine is started. Anybody know the location of any fitted relays which operate the steps.  Would welcome any advice on what the problem could be. Thanks.
parris466
parris466

Male

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Thule omnistep  Empty Re: Thule omnistep

Post by Justus2 Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:38 pm

I possibly do.. I had to turn off the tank level warning bleep by accessing the hidden menu on the sargent panel of my Warwick XL... There are a number of items which can be set, one , which may be of use to you is step run time. My warwick step is set to a run time of 70. I changed it to 60 just to see what it did and it didn't go out as far so then reverted to 70.. Of course if you have a mechanical problem it won't be any good and may cause damage , but it may be worth checking to see what yours is set to.

To access the hidden menu get your panel to the screen which has the red and blue AS logo. Press and hold for 20-30secs top and bottom buttons. The hidden menu appears, scroll down through the options using the down button, press the middle button to see or alter the various options. Eventually there is an exit option which gets you back to the start.
Justus2
Justus2

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by parris466 Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:50 pm

Hi , many thanks for your reply I will check the settings  the next time  I visit my van as it is kept in storage. Your information is very much appreciated. Will post on here what I find and if it resolves the problem.

Regards

Patrick.
parris466
parris466

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by parris466 Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:27 pm

Hi,   Checked the settings this morning and found the step run time was set at 30, increased to 65 in stages and the problem has now  been rectified. Wish I had known before As I have just spent a week climbing in out of the van.  The van had been in to rectify a fault on the waste gauge on the Control panel  I can only think that something happened then. 

I am most grateful for your help in rectifying the problem, I would never have thought about that.  Once again
thank you for your help.

Regards

Patrick
parris466
parris466

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Justus2 Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:48 pm

No problem
Justus2
Justus2

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:55 pm

This happened on our Warwick and at this weekends Spinney Rally one of their technicians sorted in two minutes flat.  Went to the electrical system control under seat ar back, turned systems off and on again and bingo - it comes out further than i did before it went iffy
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down