The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toilet Flush

5 posters

Go down

Toilet Flush Empty Toilet Flush

Post by rich g Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:01 pm

I have just filled water tank and put fluids in cassette and flush, packed van ready for our  few days in Snowdon tomorrow and yep as above flush is not working,help please i do not know what number fuse to check or could it be some thing else rather than the pump packed up.

rich
rich g
rich g

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeot Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Toilet Flush Empty Re: Toilet Flush

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Which toilet is it. I have the C200 CWE, the pump occasionally doesn't, but a few sharp raps with the hand on the switch panel always frees the pump. There is a fuse in the cassette compartment as well.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:51 pm

I was given advice somewhere that the pink flush liquid causes black scale if left in the tank for long periods, and this is what then gets sucked into the flush pump causing it to jam.

The old pump in out original Exec used to do this. Freeing it with a screwdriver in the impeller always worked until it did it the next time, but it was a nuisance having to remove it from the flush tank each time to fix it.
meanchris

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:25 pm

Had a similar problem on our Warwick Duo last year. The flush pump had seized and it was a simple job to replace it. From memory, remove the blade opening handle, then remove the plastic panel and lift the plastic tray as far as the cables will allow. The pump is at the bottom of the pipe and you can lift it out, complete with the cable, with a bit of of fiddling. A small hand is useful as the opening is very tight. You'll almost certainly find that the impeller is stuck and you might be able to free it. Otherwise get a new pump on eBay, not the one branded Thetford as it's ridiculously expensive and the unbranded one is exactly the same, but without the Thetford marking.

You'll probably find the fuse will need replacing and this is situated behind a small plastic panel at the top left of the cassette compartment. The cassette will need to be removed first!
nimbus

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:31 pm

In my experience it's often something g no more serious than a stuck impeller, rather than a completely u/s pump. All that it needs is to be removed from the tank and the impeller freed with pliers or a screwdriver and it works straightaway. The sticking often occurs after a long lay-off as in winter.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by rich g Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:01 pm

Thank you for your replies,i have checked both fuses and the are ok,so when we get back from our holiday i will try to unseize the Impeller.

Would some one explain how this is done(i know nimbus says remove the blade opening handle then remove the plastic panel)
but not sure were that is,I'm not to much of a handy man.
rich g
rich g

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeot Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:14 pm

It depends on the model of toilet but on the C250 you remove the sticky flush button cover (keep clean for reuse) and under that you'll find a PCB with wires coming out the back. They're joined by a pipe and it all disappears into the water tank. Pull the wires and pipe out and the pump is on the end.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:53 pm

The Leisure spares site has repair instructions, just bowse to find your toilet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down