The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

carver cascade water heater

3 posters

Go down

carver cascade water heater Empty carver cascade water heater

Post by Brian at Wakefield Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:46 pm

tried yesterday to get the water heater working in my as symbol.couldn't get any water out of the hot tap so didn't think the tank in the heater had filled. tried all the suggestions on the forum and came to the conclusion that the non return valve was, and water heated up after 30 minutes. not working. rang up a mobile engineer called peter rhodes of leeds and he said it sounded like the valve and that they often stick after a winter lay up. his suggestion was to take the drain plug out , pass a screwdriver down the opening until it meets resistance, then push gently a couple of times to free the valve. did as instructed and bingo - hot taps worked after tank had filled.thought i would pass this tip on to members as no one had mentioned it. happy motorhoming!
Brian at Wakefield
Brian at Wakefield

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2003

Chris-and-Ann and camperman79 like this post

Back to top Go down

carver cascade water heater Empty Re: carver cascade water heater

Post by -mojo- Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:02 pm

It used to happen to mine regularly. If you can be bothered with the extra effort involved, I believe that the updated version of the inlet/outlet spigot is redesigned so that this does not happen - from memory it's not too hard to do, but probably worth replacing both spigots if so, as they go brittle after a few years and tend to split (which is why I had to replace mine).
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

carver cascade water heater Empty Fixing a non-return valve on Carver Cascade .

Post by MartynD Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Brilliant tip.  Spent hours taking panels to bits trying to gain access to the Carver Cascade in my Symphony '99. Tried to remove unit from the outside but couldn't budge it. Feeling defeated.
Then I found your tip on this forum. I fetched a hammer to the valve via the drain plug.  All sorted in an instant!!  Could have saved myself hours of anguish if only I'd known about this earlier.
Thanks so much for passing on this fix.
MartynD
MartynD

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down