The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slow Running Water

2 posters

Go down

Slow Running Water Empty Slow Running Water

Post by MelB Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:17 pm

Having filled & sterilized then drained and re-filled the water tanks for the new season on my Kemerton MH [following what I considered the correct procedure, as advised by forum members & handbook] I was astonished to find that after switching the Whale submersible water pump on, the water from the kitchen sink mixer tap was running at a trickle. The water flow from the bathroom mixer tap & shower at the rear of the van were ok & there was no sign or any leaks in the van. Additionally the water pressure switch was juddering & chattering similar to a typewriter in use. In response I adjusted the water pressure switch slightly [I know this is a no-no] to stop the chattering, it stopped. Tried sucking water/air from the tap [no correct size rubber tube handy] to clear any air lock, but still no joy. Repeated the procedure but still no positive response from the kitchen hot/cold tap-still running slowly. 
Presently the fresh water tank is drained & intend to try once more in mid-week to remove what I think is a stubborn air lock in the pipe leading to the kitchen sink. Failure to solve the problem will result in a trip to the dealer that sold me the MH, its still under warranty.
PS. On top of all that the Whale water heater, when on EHU, did not work-though ok with gas.
MelB
MelB
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : KEMERTON
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Slow Running Water Empty Re: Slow Running Water

Post by kaspian Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:55 pm

Hi Mel , dont know if you resolved the slow running tap issue but as it happened after cleaning out the tank , it could be that there is a collection of crud in the spout of the tap that was loosened by the action of cleaning the tank.Is there perhaps a fine mesh at the tap outlet spout now partially blocked? Try reverse flushing by swithing off the pump, opening both hot and cold and try forcing water back down the tap outlet towards the tank to see if it temporarily clears. Worth a try!
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by MelB Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:33 pm

Thanks Kasp. Your right its definitely worth a try. Will check and give it a go in a few days.
Mel
MelB
MelB
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MelB Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:14 pm

Thanks again kaspian. Just as you suggested it was crud trapped in the fine mesh at the tap that was causing the water blockage. In fact there were four fine metal mesh filters of different sizes fitted at the end of the mixer tap-in addition to a main plastic filter. Decided one mesh filter will do in future, alongside the plastic one.

Checked the fuse for the water heater under the bench seat [heater not working on EHU & panel light above the sliding door does not illuminate] fuse was ok. So, as its still under warranty, its to Marquis for that.
Mel
MelB
MelB
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:12 am

mel check the isolation switch under the bench seat for water heater is switched on and neon lit, you may have bumped it and switched off  b y accident
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by MelB Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:03 pm

Sorry I should have been more specific...its the fuse in the water heater isolation switch, under the bench seat, that I checked which was ok. When on EHU the neon light for the isolation switch is lit. So power is reaching the isolation switch. The fault is likely to be from the isolation switch to the on/off heater switch above the sliding door. Could of course check behind the heater switch for the fault, but decided to let Marquis do the work under warranty. In the meantime I can heat the water on gas. Thanks again.
Mel
MelB
MelB
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down