The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick XL

5 posters

Go down

Warwick XL Empty Warwick XL

Post by Vinnie Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi all. I am thinking about p/xing my present van conversion for a new Warwick XL. Are they worth the money and have any of you owners of one had any problems with them? I have had a catalogue of problems with my van which I have had since new and it is only 10 months old.  censored! Thanks in advance. Vinnie
PS It is not an Auto-Sleeper.
Vinnie
Vinnie

Male

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL Empty Re: Warwick XL

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:36 pm

Hi Vinnie
Welcome to the forum from Bridlington, we have a few members with Warwicks not sure if we have any with the latest model?
I'm sure you will get some reviews shortly.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:43 pm

We have a Warwick Duo (not the XL) and think it is great. We don't feel the need for the extra length of the XL and the associated parking / toll charges that go with an over 6 metre van. The shorter Duo seems to have more kitchen worktop than the XL and in our view, all you seem to get with the extra length is more seating space and a larger toilet / washroom. If you can fit into a normal Duo, then why go for longer?

Reliability has been good with our van and we have no plans to change yet after 2 years ownership and over 8 months of use.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:13 pm

Welcome to the forum.

IMO the Warwick Duo is one of the best designed PVC's available and should we downsize and SWMBO consented to a PV this would be my choice. It has been a brilliant seller for AS.

As for the XL my feelings are if you are going for this length of van then why not go for a coachbuilt which will offer greater choice of options and layouts
roli
roli

Male

Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:44 pm

I agree with Spospe, we much prefer the standard Duo to the XL as we think the layout is much better and don't really like the kitchen in the doorway. Although the washroom is tight, it works for us.
When we downsized from a coachbuilt I was sure my wife would prefer the XL but she chose this van and we both love it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL Empty Warwick XL

Post by Vinnie Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:43 pm

Thanks guys. I have had 3 Autosleepers in the past. Started off with a VW T3 Trident then a Clubman and the last one was a Talisman that I kept for 8 years. Have a van conversion at 19" 7` at the moment at which I quite like so the extra 1" 4` length of the Warwick wouldn`t make much difference. However I really miss the option of the gas fire in the van but the the fire option isn`t available in the Nuevos now which is making me sway towards the Warwick.
Vinnie
Vinnie

Male

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel6855 Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:25 pm

We have had our Warwick XL coming up for two years now and are so pleased with it. That said, we have had our problems, the main one being the Thetford fridge. I've just had the second replacement control board fitted and a new element. A few months ago, it failed to work on gas and last week it wouldn't work on electric!
The minor teething problems were sorted with the first habitation service at Willersey - door catches, misaligned blind etc.
The other problem was a leak in the pillar between the near side door and the sliding door. The seatbelt was soaking!  However, Mark and his team knew exactly where the problem was and sorted it pretty much immediately.

David
Angel6855
Angel6855
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel6855 Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:32 pm

roli wrote:
As for the XL my feelings are if you are going for this length of van then why not go for a coachbuilt which will offer greater choice of options and layouts

We chose a van conversion ( Autocruise Tempo before upgrading to a Warwick XL) and not a coachbuilt because it's slightly narrower and fits better on our drive. Also there are options with which doors to open - the massive opening sliding door or the double doors at the back - wonderful to have so much air whilst sitting in the van -whereas the coachbuilts only offer one narrow door and usually away from the lounge area.

David
Angel6855
Angel6855
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:49 am

OK can understand the width thing, that would be one of the reasons I would downsize. Most people cringe when they watch me putting the Windsor in the garden at home 2" gap between van and house and 2" between van and garage at the same time !!
roli
roli

Male

Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down