The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleeping

3 posters

Go down

Sleeping Empty Sleeping

Post by busby65 Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:04 pm

What size are the single beds in 2002 Duetto? seemed to have heard they are on the short side. Also any opinions on these vans,,Thanks BUSBY65.
busby65
busby65
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Sleeping Empty Re: Sleeping

Post by Dave 418 Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:12 pm

think_smiley_46 We had the earlier Duetto ,1996. We mostly used the bed as a double but I used the single bed layout ocasionaly and found it ok. I am 6ft tall.As a first motorhome we found it was just what we wanted. I could use it as daily transport to work and it was Ford based, a personal mater. A lot of the other vans used the front seats as part of the single beds or the double was across the van. The layout of the Duetto is the same but I am not sure if Autosleepers stuck to the same van wheel base. A decent dealer will let you try out the beds for size. I spent a day at Lincoln show trying beds wielding a tape measure.
 We only switched to a coach build as an upgrade and rust issues on the Duetto plus more leisure time rather than transport to work. allthumbz
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by busby65 Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:09 pm

Thanks Dave,,,
busby65
busby65
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by RPM Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:03 pm

busby65 wrote:What size are the single beds in 2002 Duetto? seemed to have heard they are on the short side. Also any opinions on these vans,,Thanks BUSBY65.
Hi
This is my first ever reply so I hope I am sending it correctly!  I have a 2004 Ford Durashift Duetto.  Beds are always used as singles as at my age it is useful to be able to make an unhindered trip to the loo if and when needed at night.  Settee plus fill-in cushion gives 72 inches, and single seat plus passenger seat (or could use the second fill-in cushion) gives 74 inches.  I and my son are 6 feet 2 inches tall and find the berths very acceptable.  I leave at home the long back cushion behind the settee; the second fill-in cushion; and the longer fill-in for the double-bed option as it saves apace in the van.  My Duetto is quite possibly the highest spec example in the country and will soon be for sale as we now need to think about taking grandchildren - just in case anyone is interested in enquiring!
Richard M.
RPM
RPM

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down