The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air Bag Light MOT Test.

2 posters

Go down

Air Bag Light MOT Test. Empty Air Bag Light MOT Test.

Post by mike-eastman Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:54 pm

Just had my annual service and MOT test done on my 2008 Warwick, glad to say it has passed now, but failed the test before remedial work was done during service.

001 Supplementary Restraint System warning lamp indicates a fault [5.4.2.]   Basically the airbag light was on when it went in for the test, the remedy was cheap and easy to rectify ( according to my friendly garage man ). Underneath the passenger seat is a yellow connector in a small harness, it had worked loose and one of the small wires had become chaffed whilst swivelling the seat during camping. It was easily repaired, took only minutes, and they didn't charge me for the fix, or the retest, or re-setting the warning lamp to off.   I just paid for an MOT test and a service ! 

I am told the connector working loose is a common occurrence with Peugeot / Fiat and Citroen vans, even without a swivel seat, so worth a check even if the light hasn't come on, they also suffer from corrosion, so a squirt of WD40 always worth a go, and cheaper than a control box and all the other gubbins associated with this technology !
up!
mike-eastman
mike-eastman

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Air Bag Light MOT Test. Empty Re: Air Bag Light MOT Test.

Post by dbroada Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:07 pm

Nice to hear of a cheap fix.

My partner's Mazda had an error with the air bag light once. A lot of internet surfing revealed that this is probably the passenger detection circuit, either with the weight sensor in the seat or a fault somewhere in the under-seat wiring loom. Naturally, replacing the weight sensing mat would be expensive and no cheap full fix other than checking all connectors. Eventually a bit of electronics off ebay convinced the system that there was always a passenger in the car and the light behaved itself.

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down