The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heavy Clutch Pedal

+3
bikeralw
boxerman
Flying High
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Heavy Clutch Pedal - Page 2 Empty Re: Heavy Clutch Pedal

Post by Flying High Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:48 pm

Update,
Today was the first chance I have had to get under the van, I checked the position of the cable against Franks photo and replied as above.
I then noticed that the outer cable where it enters the clutch arm was not in line and after jacking the old girl up found that the bracket holding the clutch cable was bent so the cable was not in a straight line onto the gearbox, after straightening it made the clutch pedal much lighter but still not perfect as the cable was then in line. The bracket is situated at the bottom of the bell housing holding the cable and has at some point in its life been bent by grounding probably BEFORE and any the work had been done.
Now, the next question is the clutch arm pivot which moves in and out a bit, is there a clip on the outside of the bell housing to hold it tight? The arm cannot fall out at the clutch release bearing is between the input shaft and the arm. 
Still not a perfect clutch pedal but I seem to be going in the right direction.
Thanks again for all your help.
Regards, Mike  courtesy
Flying High
Flying High

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex BB?
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Dougrdf Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:48 pm

Mike, good, this sounds much more promising hugegrins if that arm was bent before this all kicked off then that could well have been the culprit, though it's a pity the garage didn't spot that.

I've no idea if there should be a clip or not,but, a quick visit to your local dealers spares dept. should soon rectify that, I. E if it's shown on the gearbox diagram. 

With luck, you might well get this issue sorted out without dropping the'box out, and, more importantly, not being obliged to sell your van. Keep us posted up!

Cheers, Doug .
Dougrdf
Dougrdf
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying High Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:06 am

Dougrdf wrote:Mike, good, this sounds much more promising hugegrins if that arm was bent before this all kicked off then that could well have been the culprit, though it's a pity the garage didn't spot that.

I've no idea if there should be a clip or not,but, a quick visit to your local dealers spares dept. should soon rectify that, I. E if it's shown on the gearbox diagram. 

With luck, you might well get this issue sorted out without dropping the'box out, and, more importantly, not being obliged to sell your van. Keep us posted up!

Cheers, Doug .

Hi Doug,
No clip just a roll pin going through the clutch pivot arm, so it looks like the gearbox will have to come out again. I have adjusted clutch and will see how it goes.

Thanks for your interest people, regards Mike  courtesy
Flying High
Flying High

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying High Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:52 pm

Update,
Traded van in so problem solved after three and a half years of frustration and expense.

Thanks for all your help on this, Regards. Mike  courtesy
Flying High
Flying High

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dougrdf Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:21 am

Oh well. I  cant say that I blame you. You begin to doubt it's reliability and who needs the grief?  Good luck with the new Van  smile!

Doug.
Dougrdf
Dougrdf
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2