The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fairford

4 posters

Go down

Fairford  Empty Fairford

Post by Scotty1 Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:28 pm

Has any body got the new model Fairfoerd yet ,new layout i believe.Ta
Scotty1
Scotty1

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Fairford  Empty Re: Fairford

Post by Cookie99 Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:48 pm

Hi, take a look at the Autosleeper website.
Cookie99
Cookie99

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Scotty1 Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:01 pm

Cheers cookie have done that but wanted unbiase opinion.ta
Scotty1
Scotty1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Scotty1 Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:42 pm

Only prob i can see so far on reviews is making up of beds and where to put all the cushions?
Scotty1
Scotty1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gm4clq Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:10 pm

Hi,
I purchased a Fairford earlier this week. So far so good. Layout is exactly what we've been looking for.
Day 1: The step was faulty - had to get that fixed. Dealer said it was not fitted correctly!
Day 2: Checked I could get everything working. Heating, hot water, fridge, microwave.
Day3: Trying to find out how to change the DAB/FM radio to "Camper" mode - this mode allows radio to stay on for 180 minutes after ignition key removed. I've tried Peugeot service, Peugeot Fleet service, Auto-Sleeper and scanned the web. -- Can anyone out there help at all?

Cassette toilet seat cover can only be fully raised in 2 positions -- my previous Windrush did not have that problem!

Generally delighted with our purchase.
Hope this helps
gm4clq
gm4clq

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:36 pm

Radio timer instructions can be found in the 'factsheet' section but I've reposted them here...

This radio has the option of being used in “NORMAL” mode, which will switch the radio off after 20 mins or in “CAMPER” mode, which will allow the user to use the radio for up to three hours.
To swap between the two settings, or to customise the switch off time for the radio, follow the instructions below:

1) Turn radio ‘ON’ using the central ‘power’ button
2) Within 15 seconds, simultaneously press ‘FM AS’ and the preset button ‘2’. Each time this pair of buttons are pressed, the display will alternate between ‘NORMAL POWER MODE’ and ‘CAMPER POWER MODE’. (note these must be pressed together for upto 5 seconds)
3) Ensure that ‘CAMPER POWER MODE’ is displayed, then press ‘MENU’
4) Using the ‘UP and ‘DOWN’ button now changes the display to show various adjustable items. Cycle through the options until ‘RADIO OFF’ and a number of minutes is shown on the display. This will take approx. two presses of the ‘UP’ button or seven presses of the ‘DOWN’ button.
5) With ‘RADIO OFF’ shown on the display press the ‘LEFT’ or ‘RIGHT’ button. Each press of either button will alternate the number of minutes shown between ‘180’ and ‘0’
6) With ‘180’ showing on the display the setting is complete and three hours of radio operation should be possible. Press the ‘POWER’ button to exit the menu and return the display to its usual view.
Please note that in ‘NORMAL POWER MODE’ the same subsequent steps detailed above can be followed, to choose between ’20 mins’ and ‘0 mins’ of radio operation.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by gm4clq Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:46 pm

Hi PaulMold,
thanks for your comment.
my Fairford has a new DAB/FM radio and media player (USB) with no CD player. The radio does not have an FM AS button.
That's progress for you eh!?
gm4clq
gm4clq

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:56 pm

I found this on another forum, may be of use..

"SETTINGS

Press the MENU button on the front panel to display the "Settings" menu.

NOTE The menu items displayed vary according to the versions.

The menu comprises the following options:

System Settings
Audio Settings
Radio Settings
Radio Off Delay
Phone"

The "Radio Off Delay” option is described on Page 22 of the manual as follows:

""Radio off delay": permits the system to be kept on for a preset time after the ignition key is turned to STOP."

This is the only advice provided - there is nothing about how long or short the duration of the “preset time” can be, nor that the default cut-off duration is 20 minutes.

From the caveat "NOTE The menu items displayed vary according to the versions” it’s possible (I suppose) that the Uconnect 3” radio fitted to Ducato X290 panel-vans has a 20-minute cut-off that cannot be extended, whereas the Uconnect 3” radio fitted to X290 chassis destined to become coachbuilt motorhomes has an extendable cut-off duration.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:07 pm

Just found other references to the latest radio fitted to x290's and it would seem that the 20 minute cut-off cannot be extended. Other owners have changed the radio as Fiat say they are made for the commercial market and they won't change it just for the motorhome fraternity. I assume Peugeot will take the same attitude.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Fairford  Empty Fairford

Post by gm4clq Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:12 pm

That would be a pity if time to OFF is not extendable on my Fairford.
The Bluetooth radio connects to my iPhone ok but does not seem to be able to play music via the Bluetooth interface. That, of course, would be consistent with the idea that it is primarily a commercial vehicle!
We'll just take a radio/cd player with us.

Last edited by gm4clq on Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added detail)
gm4clq
gm4clq

Male

Back to top Go down