The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacing carpet with floor tiles - Duetto

4 posters

Go down

Replacing carpet with floor tiles - Duetto Empty Replacing carpet with floor tiles - Duetto

Post by Achilles heel Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:39 am

Just bought a 1995 Duetto, and looking forward to some decent weather so we can use it.

Its in lovely condition apart from one or two tears in the floor carpet.

I have thought about taking the carpet up and replacing it with a more practical hard floor; I thought that floor tiles would be easier than one piece of vinyl.

My question is about the table leg sockets. How easy is it to get these off, so I can tile underneath? If I damage them getting them off, are replacements available?

Has any one else done this? 

Any thoughts?

(And Happy Christmas to all!)
Achilles heel
Achilles heel

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Replacing carpet with floor tiles - Duetto Empty Re: Replacing carpet with floor tiles - Duetto

Post by Paulmold Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:43 am

There is a post on the sockets in this thread, half way down page 2 and another on page 3.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Replacing carpet with floor tiles - Duetto Empty Re: Replacing carpet with floor tiles - Duetto

Post by Peter Brown Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good pictures at the link above

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:08 am

I replaced the carpet in my van with vinyl sheet flooring, wood effect, very pleased with it.
I cut round the carpet as it was put down before any cupboards / seats etc were put in, so only option was to cut with a Stanley knife. floor was very good  and the carpet wasn`t stuck down thankfully.
I then had a template to lay on the vinyl flooring wrong side up and on the wrong side of vinyl, I drew round the outline slightly bigger and when laid left it for a couple of days and then trimmed the edges.I did put double sided carpet tape round the edge.

The table leg support, very carefully prise up the top cover, likely to bend, new ones available from AS, not expensive and next day delivery, the underneath plate has screws possibly sealant as well easy to get out, when fitting back in I put sealant all round the underneath as well as under the screw part. well worth doing, now it`s winter I have put carpet in, new carpeting a remnant , used old as a pattern, this makes the van warmer and insulates the floor, in summer it is just the vinyl flooring with a couple of mats where the entrance and kitchen is.
Good luck,

Happy Christmas,
Margaret
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down