The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1995 Symphony toilet fold up sink unit

3 posters

Go down

1995 Symphony toilet fold up sink unit Empty 1995 Symphony toilet fold up sink unit

Post by Derek Bentley Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:09 pm

Water doesn't stop when tap turned off. There is a 'click' when tap turned on and water flows via the pump ok. It also 'clicks' when turned off, but suddenly the water now continues to trickle out of the small mixer spout.  Can anyone advise me on how to rectify this?  Can I remove these taps and replace a washer or something?  Any advise would be appreciated before I try removing the unit or doing something silly! Thanks.
Derek
Derek Bentley
Derek Bentley

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony

Back to top Go down

1995 Symphony toilet fold up sink unit Empty Re: 1995 Symphony toilet fold up sink unit

Post by Paulmold Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:17 pm

Access to the rear of the sink is by removal of the rear panel by the back door.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

1995 Symphony toilet fold up sink unit Empty Re: 1995 Symphony toilet fold up sink unit

Post by KMRTOPAZ Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:37 am

I assume this is the standard mixer tap fitted by AS, in which case it is a Dimatec (motorhome) tap available from Magnum Motorhomes.
If water dribbles from the spout, the solution is to replace the cartridge in the upper body which contains a cluster of three ring washers which control flow and temperature.
You can do this without removing the tap. There will be an access hole for a small screwdriver, usually hidden behind a small plastic insert on the top or the side of the on/off lever. Slacken the screw to release the lever and expose the brass inner fittings. An adjustable spanner now removes a ring and the cartridge will lift out. It is necessary to replace the cartridge. They cannot be repaired.
Support the tap when exerting pressure with the spanner as the plastic sink does not have the strength of stainless steel !!
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:40 am

A 1995 Symphony will probably have this type of tap. No cartridge, just an 'O' ring.

1995 Symphony toilet fold up sink unit M0-SjDIAu7Qhn_nuqjo_xWg

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by KMRTOPAZ Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:17 pm

Whoops !
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Bentley Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:13 pm

Thanks for the advice received. The mixer tap pictured is the same as the one on our kitchen sink. The bathroom one is a 'comet mixer with micro switch'. I took the back panel off to get to the taps and removed them no problem. I have ordered a new complete unit from magnum motorhomes.  So both of you contributed to me sorting the problem out. Thank you.  Derek
Derek Bentley
Derek Bentley

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony

Back to top Go down