The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please he(canlp to identify my Fiamma canopy

3 posters

Go down

Please he(canlp to identify my Fiamma canopy Empty Please he(canlp to identify my Fiamma canopy

Post by scarletnana Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:20 pm

Hi 

We picked up our super 2004 Trident LE last Saturday and are currently investigating all the things that came with it. Although the van itself is in superb condition and has only done 30,000 miles, the previous owners (who only had it for a year) were clearly not van/camping people.

I think I can resurrect the Fiamma room sides that came with the van, in a large bag, hardly used, but clearly packed away wet, as the curtains are very mouldy. I can recover the 3 sides, and have been on to Fiamma to get a couple of pieces for the main awning (just discoloured) - HOWEVER they claim not to recognise the numbers that are on the canopy itself, ie. Fiamma 71.............it is most definitely the genuine article but clearly not the one that is usually fitted to VW T4s................any help in identifying this and clues as to its usage would be most welcome.

The van also came with an unused Movelite drive-away awning too!

Look forward to any clues - thanks.
scarletnana
scarletnana

Female

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident LE
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Please he(canlp to identify my Fiamma canopy Empty Re: Please he(canlp to identify my Fiamma canopy

Post by Peter Brown Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:18 pm

I suggest you post some photographs of features that will help us identify which Fiamma you have

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Please he(canlp to identify my Fiamma canopy Empty Re: Please he(canlp to identify my Fiamma canopy

Post by scarletnana Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:38 pm

Good idea, thanks.............I have had a closer look at the transfer and, looking at it from a different angle, can see that it should say 'Fiamma Zip'!!.........does that help do you think!?
scarletnana
scarletnana

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:21 am

That sounds as though it is the awning in a bag, relative easy to slide out and check, if you haven`t already done so. it is on caravans anyway.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by scarletnana Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:05 am

Thank you - yes, the sides did come in an over-large, over-long bag, certainly too big to carry around in a campervan! The curtains are well and truly rotted, but I have managed to save the rest of it which I am sure has hardly ever been used. Still trying to identify a a heavy-duty looking pole in a bag and 4 others stowed in the upper locker!
scarletnana
scarletnana

Female

Back to top Go down