The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick Duo. Re-filling LPG tank ..

5 posters

Go down

Warwick Duo. Re-filling LPG tank .. Empty Warwick Duo. Re-filling LPG tank ..

Post by nickyv32 Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:52 pm

I have a full 20 litre LPG tank under my vehicle. I am terrified at the thought of filling it. Does anyone know if someone working at the garage would fill it for me if l asked. Certainly not looking forward to it thats for sure quick_run
nickyv32
nickyv32

Female

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo. Re-filling LPG tank .. Empty Re: Warwick Duo. Re-filling LPG tank ..

Post by Charliefarlie Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:02 pm

Most Garages will help if you explain you are struggling. For everyone the first time is a learning curve but there is nothing to worry about .

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo. Re-filling LPG tank .. Empty Re: Warwick Duo. Re-filling LPG tank ..

Post by TeamRienza Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:25 pm

If you are not sure about the routine of filling then have a look at this video,   

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Whilst it shows a car being refuelled, it is the same process for your tank.

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:01 pm

In the video at 3 minutes 25 seconds it shows the gas escaping as the nozzle is unlocked from the fill point. What it does not indicate is the rather alarming and quite loud hiss as the gas cloud escapes.

Mrs Gromit was standing nearby when I filled up once in France (much easier by the way) and I was quite surprised to learn that she could go from a standstill to 30mph in 2 seconds - in reverse! lol4

Joking aside, it really isn't anything to worry about. It will make you jump the first time, but after that you know what to expect so it's not a problem. Get an attendant to do it for you the first time as Charlie suggested, and see how nonchalently he/she flips the lever to disconnect.

Much easier in France - the British filler gun is a clunky, cumbersome affair and you need to know how to use it. (The video will tell you this.) The Franch claw gun is simplicity itself. You screw the cup adapter onto your fill point, offer the gun into it and pull the trigger. The claws then expand and grip the inside of the cup adapter and you proceed with the filling. No twisting, jiggling or anything else, and when you release the trigger the gun practically falls out of the fill adapter.
After the first time you will feel perfectly confident I'm sure.

Dave hugegrins
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:38 pm

TeamRienza wrote:If you are not sure about the routine of filling then have a look at this video,   

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Whilst it shows a car being refuelled, it is the same process for your tank.

Davy

And for the other common UK type of pump see: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:37 am

Hi Nicky

P.S. Don't be concerned by the warnings on the videos against the use of adapters. If you cross the Channel you have no option but to use one, and it couldn't be much simpler as I said earlier.

I guess Messrs Autogas have to cover their tracks, but the worst that could happen is a leak of gas if the O-ring seal on the adapter fails - but just let go the button and the filling will stop at once. You would be instantly aware by the loud hiss and cloud of escaping vapour.

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down