The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inflatable seat on Mk5 Transit

3 posters

Go down

Inflatable seat on Mk5 Transit Empty Inflatable seat on Mk5 Transit

Post by Bulletguy Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:38 pm

Blimey....i've had my van for almost 5 years and only just today discovered a 'strange object'! 

On one side of the drivers seat about half way down there is a rubber bulb with a pipe leading into the seat back. It appears to be an inflator to firm up the seat back, but before trying it out decided to have a look in the manual......only to find nothing listed!  scratch head

Does anyone else have one and if so, how does it deflate? My van is on a Mk5 Transit but is the Duetto LE version so not sure if this is a Ford fitment or A/S. Anybody know what i'm on about?
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Inflatable seat on Mk5 Transit Empty Re: Inflatable seat on Mk5 Transit

Post by daisy mae Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:12 pm

it is the lumber support. I haven`t a manual  deflator on mine like you have, just a knob that I turn to adjust the support.

Last edited by daisy mae on Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra info)
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:38 pm

As above - a lumbar support. IIRC the one on my '99 Mk5 was a mechanical one (essentially just an eccentric padded bar rotated by a knob) but I'm sure I've seen one like yours - possibly on one of the Granadas or Scorpios that I used to have on business hire. If yours is the same, you are supposed to squeeze the non-return valve at the free end of the bulb and that should release the pressure.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:13 pm

-mojo- wrote:As above - a lumbar support. IIRC the one on my '99 Mk5 was a mechanical one (essentially just an eccentric padded bar rotated by a knob) but I'm sure I've seen one like yours - possibly on one of the Granadas or Scorpios that I used to have on business hire. If yours is the same, you are supposed to squeeze the non-return valve at the free end of the bulb and that should release the pressure.

Oh well that's useful then. Have to give it a go!  up! Yes mine is 2000 reg so one of the last Mk5's.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down