The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kemerton

+2
Shuggiegreen
judy
6 posters

Go down

kemerton Empty kemerton

Post by judy Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:16 am

Collecting our new van on Saturday and very excited to be getting back on the road again but a bit apprehensive when we hear of all the faults people are having with new vans.  Things don't change much though, because I remember our very first van about twenty years ago. We left the showroom delighted with our brand new vw trooper . As we drove home we couldn't believe the noise we were hearing in the back. We phoned the salesman only be told that because we were new to campervans we would have to accept that there are always rattles. Anyway after another phone call we returned the van to be checked out and were told the units hadn't been screwed down . its amazing they hadn't come right out !   Hopefully we won't have any serious issues .
judy
judy

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

kemerton Empty Re: kemerton

Post by Shuggiegreen Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:29 am

Good Luck and enjoy your new van and stop worrying.
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by judy Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:46 pm

Thanks. Will keep you posted !
judy
judy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton Sun May 24, 2015 7:26 pm

Hi Judy, just wondering how you're getting on with your new Kemerton? Did you have any teething problems? If so, what were they. Hopefully you're enjoying it!!!
Kemerton
Kemerton

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton

Back to top Go down

Post by judy Mon May 25, 2015 6:47 pm

We love our van. Everything we had hoped for. Our only problem is the fridge which won't go on electric. It's going back to dealer to have the circuit board replaced ! Yes brand new and needs a board replaced. We had only used it for two nights. Apart from that everything is great. We are heading down to Knaresburgh this week and looking forward to getting away. Just love being in the van and our vango awning gives us extra space too. Thanks for asking. Are you still happy with yours ?
We haven't seen any other can that we would rather have. I thought we might feel a bit cramped after having the Broadway but we don't. Just wish our weather would improve as we are still having lots of rain up here and it's also very cold!
judy
judy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton Mon May 25, 2015 8:11 pm

Yes, the weather is terrible for the time of year. We've just come back from the Cotswolds and it was rather cold. Sorry to hear about your fridge, but I'm sure it will be fine once they replace the board. Your awning sounds good, are they easy to put up?

I was also wondering which Duvalet system did you go for, summer or winter? I hadn't heard of these until I read one of your recent threads. Are they worth considering?
Kemerton
Kemerton

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton

Back to top Go down

Post by Claytaa Mon May 25, 2015 8:41 pm

I bet the fridge is a Thetford, not fit for purpose get them to change it for a Domatec.
Claytaa
Claytaa

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by judy Mon May 25, 2015 9:34 pm

Kemerton , yes the awning is extremely easy to erect. Its a vango kela airbeam. Its up in ten to fifteen mins. Someone else must have talked about the duvalet system. Sorry, it wasn't me. We just use a normal double 13 tog duvet.
In answer to claytaa ...yes it is a thetford , and from reading the forum , we are not alone with this problem !
judy
judy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scotty1 Mon May 25, 2015 10:32 pm

Hi Judy is your vango std or tall,thanks Scotty
Scotty1
Scotty1

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue May 26, 2015 12:51 am

Sorry to butt in, I've got a Duvalay, got both the 4.5 and the 10.5 tog duvets, and use which one I feel suits the weather at the time. Have used the 10.5 from last October to April, will probably switch over to the 4.5 now for the summer.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by judy Wed May 27, 2015 6:40 am

Scotty , our vango is the tall one.
In our last van we also worked with two duvets paulmoid . we lay on the heavy one in summer and the reverse in winter but don't have the space to carry two in this van . As of yet , we don't have the weather to change to a lighter duvet ! Hopefully that will change and we will then use a lighter one. Its like winter up here. ! Hope summer comes soon ! If you have the sunshining , please send some up our way .
judy
judy

Female

Back to top Go down