The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick. Fitting refillable LPG cylinder

3 posters

Go down

Warwick. Fitting refillable LPG cylinder Empty Warwick. Fitting refillable LPG cylinder

Post by Marmot Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:21 pm

Having recently purchased a 2007 Warwick, I have now started on a small list of mods I want to carry out. The first was to fit a refillable LPG system. Autosleeper state that van will take 2 x 6.5 kg gas bottles, but having measured the gas locker it clearly was large enough for larger bottles. The only limitation was the size of the entrance hatch.
I had a refillable single 13.5kg gas cylinder that I had removed from my previous Moho and it was clear that it would fit in the locker if I could get it through the entrance hatch. Measuring the hatch I found it to be about 15mm too narrow. However, by removing the hatch door and surround (simple job of undoing half a dozen screws) i gained the extra 15mm. At this point I found the hole cut in the van bodywork was a little uneven with some sharp edges/burrs. So 5 mins with a file made the edges a little smoother and gave me another 1 or 2mm to ensure the cylinder went in. After the cylinder was placed in the locker the hatch and surround was replaced.
The cylinder is now installed with an in locker fill point. This also leaves the area at the front of the locker free for some other paraphanalia.

Thought this may be of interest to anyone else with a similar vehicle.
Marmot
Marmot

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Warwick. Fitting refillable LPG cylinder Empty Re: Warwick. Fitting refillable LPG cylinder

Post by Spospe Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:07 pm

Interesting idea. I did not know that the Warwick took separate gas bottles, as our Warwick Duo has an underslung gas tank and I rather naively thought that all the Warwicks were the same.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Warwick. Fitting refillable LPG cylinder Empty Re: Warwick. Fitting refillable LPG cylinder

Post by Marmot Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:49 pm

my Warwick is an early example (57 plate) and has subtle differences to later models. It has a gas locker rather than an underslung tank and it also has the slide out ironing board!! That was sensibly replaced by drawers.
Marmot
Marmot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gram Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:29 pm

My Symbol was fitted with an 11kg Gaslow bottle in the gas locker when I bought it.

As with yours, Marmot, the cylinder is too big to have been inserted through the locker door.  The door frame must have been removed.

Plenty of spare space in the gas locker - used for ramps, chocks and electric leads.

G
Gram
Gram

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Marmot Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:12 pm

thanks G, looks like someone else has done the same as me. You have also pointed out a possible error in my original post: i stated that the cylinder i fitted was a 13.5kg whereas it is probably an 11kg liked urs. It is the larger cylinder produced by Gas It/GasLow (identical cylinders).
Marmot
Marmot

Male

Back to top Go down