The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thetford Fridge Model N3080

+11
lyn
geoff brooke
Peter Brown
judy
PLOUGHLIN
pootler
Paulmold
artheytrate
Tengah74
Dutto
Ferryman
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thetford Fridge Model N3080 - Page 2 Empty Re: Thetford Fridge Model N3080

Post by geoff brooke Sat May 09, 2015 8:45 pm

hope that  you get to see some of the thetford staff at a motorhome show and share your views on service with them !!
We lost approx £30 fillet steaks which we had been saving for our trip plus another £20 worth of food....obviously no one wants to know about compensation !!
geoff brooke
geoff brooke

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick duo xl

Back to top Go down

Post by judy Sat May 09, 2015 9:28 pm

Yes. You feel you need to tell someone. They must know there is a problem with the number they are having to replace. Even the dealer said he'd had a few in to replace. When I told him the problem, he knew what it was right away. I don't see why everyone should be out of pocket and also the inconvenience it causes.
judy
judy

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by lyn Sun May 17, 2015 11:40 am

Well have just read all the posts about the Thetford fridge - I too have a problem which after many phone calls is not really resolved.  I have purchased a brand new Symbol which has problems with the fridge.  I cannot believe that the fridge will only run on battery whilst the engine is running.  What happens when while journeying from campsite to campsite you call into visit a place of interest.  Then the freezer has to fend for itself!!!!  That cant be progress surely? Come on Thetford get your act together and sort this out.  Your agents are a joke - I have put 4 ansaphone messages out in my area and not one has bothered to reply.
lyn
lyn

Female

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : symbol
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by brodco Sun May 17, 2015 12:06 pm

Hi  wave
lyn wrote: What happens when while journeying from campsite to campsite you call into visit a place of interest.  Then the freezer has to fend for itself!!!!  
The problem is that the cooling system relies on a 12V heater and 12v heaters take a lot of current from the battery.
With the door closed the fridge will stay cold for several hours. If you are going to be away for longer than a few hours the chances are that the leisure battery would be low or even flat.  Much better to switch to gas if you’re going to be stopped for any length of time.
lyn wrote: Come on Thetford get your act together and sort this out.  
Not sure if you’re talking about the battery “problem” but if you are it’s nothing to do with Thetford. Vans are wired that way deliberately.  You could of course modify the wiring but it’s a bad idea (in my view) and you would probably live to regret it!
Brod
brodco
brodco
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun May 17, 2015 12:17 pm

Can't see the problem with putting fridge on gas when stopping for a lengthy break, it's a three-way fridge afterall. As has been said, don't open the door and it will hold temperature for a couple of hours. I've caravanned for 25 years and motorhomed for 6 and never had a problem (caravan fridges also run on 12v whilst being towed).

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Claytaa Sun May 17, 2015 12:36 pm

In my view having had the "Thetford " experience they should keep to what they do well, toilets. Their fridges and cookers are complete rubbish. When I recently collected my Bourton and saw it had a Domitec fridge I was overjoyed because I new that if it was a Thetford then it woul without doubt be a problem in the waiting. By the way the Thetford cooker is really badly built, two of the knobs have started to loose their enamel, not six months old, A/S should stop using Thetford, it does them no credit whatsoever.
Claytaa
Claytaa

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by brian knibbs Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:41 pm

I have just returned to the  " Forum" after 2 years away !!  I too have a Thetford fridge problem !!  now lets get this squared up.. It is of  no consequence what sort of van /leisure vehicle you have. Thetford rsfrigerators are not fit for purpose,  referring to " automatics "  I have had 2 replacements  under warranty in Nuevo 2011 purchased from  " Spinney " new. Loads of small adjustments by  myself (annoying ) on the present one. It has finally died, Thetford tech man tells me it is the "mother board " Thetford >> do not supply parts direct. Leisureshop are the stockists,  Mmmm £ 160.  Oh no  Thetford are rubbish, best they stick to the toilet world more in line with their customer care policy !!  Anyone care to tell me if they have found an alternative replacement fridge manf:  OR maybe we return to an Electrolux and  Pisu ignition.  thats the answer, stuff Expensive so call luxury's  innocent innocent
brian knibbs
brian knibbs

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper Model : Autosleeper
Vehicle Year : peugot 2

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:55 am

Hi Brian
Welcome back .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:30 pm

I too, have had a new control board fitted when the fridge (Thetford 3080) would not run on gas. Job done - or so I thought!. Now it won't run on electric. Fault no. 8 flashes.
When I contacted my local Thetford approved repairer, he says I need ANOTHER control board to replace the one he installed just 2 months ago.
So frustrating!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2