The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Condensation stains inside the Campervan

5 posters

Go down

Condensation stains inside the Campervan Empty Condensation stains inside the Campervan

Post by Guest Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:46 pm

I have noticed staining to the inner lining of my T4 Auto Sleeper Trident above the door but below the side windows. I am advised it is not a leak from the windows but is probably condensation. does anyone know of a stain remover that would do the trick rather than attempting to cover up the stained areas.I know this probably an old chestnut but being new to camper vanning I am still learning the ropes. Thanks in advance.Pete and Mary.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Condensation stains inside the Campervan Empty Re: Condensation stains inside the Campervan

Post by daisy mae Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:18 pm

I had that in my Topaz, mine  was from the top side window, I had the window taken out cleaned up and resealed, I was told that the trouble was the top window sloped and that caused water to run especially if parked on a slope. I gentle cleaned the material  with baby wipes and couldn`t tell once it had dried .Baby wipes are brilliant for getting stains out, even biro on white leather seats as my Daughter took  some off after her toddler had put some on their boat seat.

Regards,
Margaret

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Condensation stains inside the Campervan Empty Re: Condensation stains inside the Campervan

Post by -mojo- Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:34 pm

If yours has plastic windows, it's very unlikely to be condensation. The high-top windows on vans of that age are all susceptible to leaks. Mine was no different, and started with minor stains which then steadily got worse - initially they usually leak behind the trim and soak in, so you don't see the leak itself from the front.

A-S still sell the butyl rubber mastic that is used to seal around them, so in terms of parts it's not expensive (IIRC less than £20 for enough for both sides) but removing the panels is a bit of a pain, and quite labour intensive. Obviously it's cheap if you DIY, but to be honest I didn't enjoy doing mine...

As above, the panels can clean up quite well, though if your panels are covered in a pinkish/beige material you may find that the pink dye spreads, and I never found a way to shift that. You can still get similar material from A-S, but it's not an exact colour match.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:00 pm

Mine cost me £60 from a mobile motorhome repairer

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by kenjones Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:33 pm

My Topaz had a similar problem. Not condensation but a leak from the top edge of the high top side window on the outside. I cleaned the edge between the frame and roof without removing any parts and sealed it with clear silicon sealant. This has stayed dry for over a year now.
The stain was easily removed with a cloth and washing powder solution.
kenjones
kenjones
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Topaz LE
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by TRICH Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:10 am

Hi Pete & Mary,

I too have a Trident and have suffered exactly the same problem, it is probably a leak and not condensation and it is made worst if you tend to park your van on a slope, or at least that is what I found.  Anyway my wife cleaned the stain in ours using a bar of Vanish, it worked a treat.  I also checked around the seal and applied a small amount of Tiger seal, which seems to have helped. 

Tony
TRICH
TRICH

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : Neuvo
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Condensation stains inside the Campervan Empty condensation inside my trident campervan

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:09 pm

Thanks to everyone who replied to our post, we now have many ideas to overcome the problem. Pete and Mary
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:07 pm

I agree that it sound more like a leak than condensation. When this happened to us I used 1001 Carpet Cleaner and it worked a treat (fix the leak first though).
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down