The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12v water pump

4 posters

Go down

12v water pump Empty 12v water pump

Post by C0LL0 Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:43 pm

I Have a 1995 Topaz, but assume AS fit the same shurflo water pump to most models

How noisy is yours ??

I am thinking ours is broken in some way, although it does pump strong still, only 16 psi, but the noise it makes when working is dreadful, we hate flushing the toilet in the night, and assume that everyone within a mile radius of us, can hear the damn thing running.

I am thinking of replacing it, but if it's not broken/doing anything wrong, I don't want to waste my money fitting the same pump, to have a noisy water delivery again.

Feed back much appreciated

C
C0LL0
C0LL0

Male

Member Age : 56
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz

Back to top Go down

12v water pump Empty Re: 12v water pump

Post by -mojo- Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:57 pm

I'd guess it's a Trailking - as used for many years. Have you checked the mountings of yours? A-S often mount these up on sound-absorbing mounts which are not designed to be tightened down. If someone has removed and replaced yours, they may have tightened the bolts too much - which transmits much more noise to the van's chassis.

If that's not the problem the Trailkings are quite maintainable. They are not too hard to take apart and clean up - though offhand I can't think why having a minor build up of crud inside would make one noisy...
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

12v water pump Empty noisy water pump

Post by narrow escape Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:48 pm

does the pump have the push on water pipe connectors ,if so the problem could be air ingress.even though the system does not leak water it can still suck in fresh air.try some insulation tapeĀ or trimmed down gaffer tape around joints .it's a cheap experiment ,give it a try
narrow escape
narrow escape

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : autosleeper warwick

Back to top Go down

12v water pump Empty Re: 12v water pump

Post by shargrea Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:29 pm

Ours seems very noisy from inside the van, but is inaudible from outside - give it a try.
shargrea
shargrea

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down