The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOXER 2.2hdi mpg

+15
Greyhound
Paul 300358
peugeotboxer
FannyFour
Biffo
matchlessman
pablo
Maureen57
pjkxpjkx
nuevoboy
mikethebike
Stewart John
silvertraveller
Paulmold
david last
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BOXER 2.2hdi mpg - Page 2 Empty Re: BOXER 2.2hdi mpg

Post by bikeralw Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:45 pm

I thought it was only me who got behind that guy rgermain! I always wonder why they just can't move off the forecourt before doing their calculations.. Only one step behind the mum who buys a tube of sweets for the sprogs in the back, then spends 5 minutes sharing them out before moving off.
Maybe we're moving into grumpy old codger territory here...
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul 300358 Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:17 pm

Sorry gents, I was just trying to point out that sitting in your own van with a brew and a view is absolutely priceless. The cost of fuel is a small price to pay. I suppose that it is ok to say that when you also run a car that will do over 50 to the gallon. I probably do about 5,000 miles a year in the van but about 30,000 in the car. I do keep an eye on how far the car goes per gallon.
Paul 300358
Paul 300358
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by Canoman1 Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:28 pm

T
Paul 300358 wrote:Sorry gents, I was just trying to point out that sitting in your own van with a brew and a view is absolutely priceless. The cost of fuel is a small price to pay. I suppose that it is ok to say that when you also run a car that will do over 50 to the gallon. I probably do about 5,000 miles a year in the van but about 30,000 in the car. I do keep an eye on how far the car goes per gallon.
Off topic but I have to say I just bought a corsa 1.3 cdti and after 4500 miles it tells me it is averaging 79mpg.
Its smaller than my mazda was, it doesnt steer like my mazda did, it isnt as solid as my mazda was but i love it every time i look at the consumption :)
Canoman1
Canoman1

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : Puegot B

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:02 pm

That's amazing, do you go downhill all the time? I used to have the same model and in these hills I struggled to get 55mpg. After 25 years of diesel cars I've now gone petrol and get slightly better mpg. Small petrol engines have come on leaps and bounds in the last 5 years.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Canoman1 Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:22 am

bikeralw wrote:That's amazing, do you go downhill all the time? I used to have the same model and in these hills I struggled to get 55mpg. After 25 years of diesel cars I've now gone petrol and get slightly better mpg. Small petrol engines have come on leaps and bounds in the last 5 years.
Al.
Lol no and. I dont drive at 5o! The manufacturer states 88mpg but ive tried driving at 55 everywhere and cant get any better but im happy as larry
Canoman1
Canoman1

Male

Member Age : 62
Vehicle Year : Puegot B

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:58 am

Yes Bikerlaw, I'm sure we have all experienced frustration at the pumps when waiting behind a car (because it is impossible to manoeuvre in front to the vacant pump) to witness the driver seemingly struggling to release their locking petrol cap, taking an age to refuel, oh, here we go, can't release key from said petrol cap, then rummaging in the car to locate purse/wallet, ambling across forecourt, then......then, deciding to make several purchases during which time a bloody great queue has formed at the till. Finally emerging from the shop, gets in car, driver's door remains open...... finally shuts, appears to be shuffling about in the seat, oh! is now eating something, more movement towards glove box, then taking great effort to locate seat belt, looks in review mirror to make adjustment, leans forward turning key in ignition, engine starts, hooray moves off. Grrrr!

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:27 am

Paramedic wrote:Yes Bikerlaw, I'm sure we have all experienced frustration at the pumps when waiting behind a car (because it is impossible to manoeuvre in front to the vacant pump) to witness the driver seemingly struggling to release their locking petrol cap, taking an age to refuel, oh, here we go, can't release key from said petrol cap, then rummaging in the car to locate purse/wallet, ambling across forecourt, then......then, deciding to make several purchases during which time a bloody great queue has formed at the till. Finally emerging from the shop, gets in car, driver's door remains open...... finally shuts, appears to be shuffling about in the seat, oh! is now eating something, more movement towards glove box, then taking great effort to locate seat belt, looks in review mirror to make adjustment, leans forward turning key in ignition, engine starts, hooray moves off. Grrrr!
Dont be impatient.It gets you BP up. You need to get your chimp under control. smile!
I suggest reading   The Chimp Paradox by  Prof Steve Peters.

Regards

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul 300358 Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:33 pm

The funny thing is that when I'm in the car, I'm usually at work and I seem to be behind the same driver as Paramedic. However, when I'm in the van all seems right with the world. I will happily sit in a queue.

I think it's time I retired!   allthumbz
Paul 300358
Paul 300358
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2