The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topaz Awning

+2
Paulmold
macmaura
6 posters

Go down

Topaz Awning  Empty Topaz Awning

Post by macmaura Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi everyone - first time poster  confused3 
Are there any Topaz owners on here please who could offer some advice about the type of awning we could get fitted.
We live in Kent, not far from Sevenoaks so will be looking for a decent company to fit it for us as well.
I would be very grateful for any help.
Many thanks
Maura
macmaura

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Auto-Sleeper Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Topaz Awning  Empty Re: Topaz Awning

Post by Paulmold Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:44 pm

One of the best companies down south is Johns Cross at Robertsbridge. Have a chat with them.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:53 pm

On my Topaz when I had it, I put on a C rail screwed it into the channel that runs near the roof, then I had what they called a sun canopy, which went threaded into the rail the same as on a caravan, the canopy turned out to be waterproof, and was very good, I also had a Kampa Mini Pod, a drive away awning/tent, the tunnel fitted into the C rail with a Kador and figure of eight , this I found was the best and easiest way for me, a minute to put up the canopy and the same to take it down, the drive away awning have the choice of connecting it to the van or left free standing, the Fiamma awnings in my view are very heavy so I didn`t go down that route, as it has to come off your payload.

Margaret

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Topaz Awning  Empty Bit more info

Post by macmaura Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:10 pm

Thanks for replies so far - much appreciated.
I will definitely ring the guys at Johns Cross on Monday - had forgotten about them.

Perhaps I should have given a bit more info about our needs. We mostly use our Topaz as a Day Van and need an awning for when we attend outdoor Craft Fairs and Markets to carry out some charity fundraising.

I started making jams etc when I retired a few years ago and (long story short) ended up selling them to raise money for animal rescues (we have 2 rescue dogs) and also to help Great Ormond Street Hosp where one of my grandsons has been an out patient for over 12 years. To be honest it is very hard to make a huge amount from this but every little helps and it keeps me (and now my newly retired husband) out of mischief. We really enjoy meeting lots of lovely people and the money we raise is very much appreciated.

I called the business 'pots of pleasure' and registered with our local Council so it's all official in that sense but is very much a small enterprise.

Anyway - the awning would be a great help to us in keeping us and the preserves dry with our unpredictable weather. If it could have sides added on as well that would be a further benefit but we do have to think about the cost of it all.

I have been reading on here about other owners experience and see that Auto-Sleepers themselves come highly recommended. We have found them to be really helpful whenever we had any queries so may well ak them for a quote.

Thanks again - have had a very warm welcome here which is much appreciated  biggrin
macmaura

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann B Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:54 pm

We have a Topaz and bought an awning last year - the Outdoor Revolution Midi.  Our Topaz also has a rollout awning so the Midi connects to that.  It is OK to put up, with a couple of practice times before our first trip,and all the sides can be taken out to create a gazebo in warm weather.  Can't remember how much we paid for it though.  I have a photo of it somewhere so will try to remember how to add a photo for you.
Ann
Ann B
Ann B
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann B Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:29 pm

Hope this works - photo

Ann B
Ann B
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by macmaura Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:38 pm

That looks interesting Ann - could you explain it again for me. Sorry to be so thick but what is a roll out awning.
macmaura

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann B Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:01 pm

the 'roll out' awning is the Fiamma.  Fixed to the side of our camper when we bought it and you roll it out rather like the old fashioned sun blinds you used to see outside shops but this one has legs as outer supports.
The awning has a grove down the front edge and you use a strip, Kador, to join the drive-away main awning to the van.
Here's a picture of our Fiamma being used last May on the Bolton Abbey CC site.

Ann B
Ann B
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Taylor Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:53 pm

We have almost the exact same arrangements as Margaret- a sun-canopy and a drive-away awning.

However, for your intended use I think that the Fiamma awning shown immediately above might be the best option for you- side panels are available and (I think) a front panel too.
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanton.
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Topaz Awning  Empty What model number is the awning?

Post by alexaconn Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:52 am

Ann B wrote:the 'roll out' awning is the Fiamma.  Fixed to the side of our camper when we bought it and you roll it out rather like the old fashioned sun blinds you used to see outside shops but this one has legs as outer supports.
The awning has a grove down the front edge and you use a strip, Kador, to join the drive-away main awning to the van.
Here's a picture of our Fiamma being used last May on the Bolton Abbey CC site.

Hi,

I've just bought a Topaz and I want one of these awnings fitted. Can you tell me the model of the awning? I've been told that because my van has a fibreglass roof, it would be hard to fit... and experience of this?
Kind Regards,
Alexandra
alexaconn
alexaconn

Female

Member Age : 67
Vehicle Year : Autosleeper Topaz

Back to top Go down