The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick Duo Front Rooflight

3 posters

Go down

Warwick Duo Front Rooflight Empty Warwick Duo Front Rooflight

Post by Bessbus Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:21 pm

My Warwick Duo is almost three years old and I have owned the van for one year. At my habitation service last week the technician pointed out that there is a piece of trim missing from the fron rooflight. On querying further I am told that the missing piece is a plastic cover which fits over the rooflight. They also advise that the rooflight is made by Hartell - should this read Hartal? and the cost dof the missing cover is £138 plus vat plus fitting. I cannot believe that it is necessary to pay over £200 for a missing cover that I was totally unaware of. I am told that the cover has probably come of without my knowledge although I am not sure if it was there in the first place. the rooflight measures 400 by 400, tilts by means of windup handle, has a fixed fly screen and metallic fins for a blind. My dealer is adamant that all was in order when I bought the van one year ago as a PDI was done and would have discovered this matter. The autosleeper handbook is incorrect re the fitted rooflights and makes no mention of a Hartal blind. Can anyone enlighten me as to the type of rooflight fitted at the front of this van and if the plastic cover is absolutely necessary.? Is it possible for me to fit this item myself and where could I buy one? Is it normal/commonfor these covers to blow off when travelling.? Any help much appreciated
Bessbus
Bessbus

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo Front Rooflight Empty Re: Warwick Duo Front Rooflight

Post by Paulmold Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:47 pm

I cannot find any Hartal rooflight that winds open, they all appear to be push-up types much the same as MPK. The only wind-up ones I know are Fiamma. The only other make I know is Heki and they don't wind open.

This is the Hartal range

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is the MPK type

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] rooflight&searchcriteria=entire store

Heki are like this

and Fiamma like this

does yours match any?
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Bessbus Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:10 pm

Paul
Many thanks for your reply. My rooflight does not match any of the ones you mention. The handbook states that the van has three rooflights - an mpk one in the toilet, this is correct, a remis windup one over the rear lounge area - this is incorrect - a midi-heki one is in this position, a mini-heki one over the front kitchen area - this is incorrect and I seem to have either a Remis or a Hartal rooflight. The Remis rooflight is explained in the handbook as having a windup handle, incorporate a separate sliding fly screen - my one has a fixed fly screen which is not accessible as it lies above the metallic fin blinds system, has a night blind - my one has metallic fins which swivel and close. There is no name on the rooflight. I will try and upload a photo - not done this before! I have also emailed Autosleeper asking them to identify this rooflight.
Bessbus
Bessbus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dbnosey Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi Malcolm

I have a 2011-12 Duo which I bought new from Marquis Preston.  On the way home from taking delivery this front roof light started rattling which I could only stop by placing kitchen role pieces between each louver.  The first night away which was the next night and being windy I was woke up by the same noise and again had to place kitchen role between.
I rang Marquis Preston and told them this roof light had to go.  No problem bring it in soonest and we will change it for a none vent mini Heki push-up (same as the rear but smaller) at our cost.  Best thing they ever did.

Colin
dbnosey
dbnosey

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bessbus Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi Colin

Many thanks for your reply. Yes, our the metallic fins on our rooflight rattle on the move, particularly when windy and my wife also tells me that they rattle overnight when windy. I am most unhappy that a plastic cover has blown off although I still do not know what this looks like - I thought that my rooflight was complete. The dealer has quoted me in excess of £200 to source and fit a new cover. Can you please tell me how much you paid for supply and fitting of the new mini heki rooflight. Unfortunately I have not been able to upload a picture although I did join photo bucket - not sure if I can upload photos with my iPad.

Bessbus
Bessbus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dbnosey Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi
They cost about £89 may-be cheaper than the missing bit!!!! but mine was all free
Colin
dbnosey
dbnosey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bessbus Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:57 pm

Hi Colin

Many thanks. I will now get a quote to replace the existing rooflight with a mini - heki non vent rooflight. There is an article in the March MMM magazine where a rooflight was changed to a non vent one and it also stated that sufficient fixed ventilation is provided by the other mini heki rooflight to satisfy the UK safety standards (their van was 6.3 metre coach built , so a bigger habitation area than the Warwick). My van is a 2011 model, so perhaps similar to yours.

Malcolm
Bessbus
Bessbus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dbnosey Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:36 pm

Hi Malcolm

They had to move the front hab-light about 2" nearer the side door to make room.  There was an indentation in roof head lining but soon disappeared.

Colin.
dbnosey
dbnosey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bessbus Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:11 pm

Hi Colin,

I have checked this matter and find that front hab-light is located near the side door, so there seems plenty of room. I have looked at prices for a mini-heki plus unvented rooflight and yes I can buy one for £99 or £106 but does this price include the blinds and fly screens - similar to the rear midi-heki? As an aside and off this thread how do you store the table - we do not like the current storage position above the cab as this area is needed for bedding.

PS - have asked my dealer to give me a price for supply and installation of a mini-heki rooflight ( non-vented).
Bessbus
Bessbus

Male

Back to top Go down