The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV not working

3 posters

Go down

TV not working Empty TV not working

Post by Goldilocks Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Hi everyone.

I have a 2013 Autosleeper Symbol that I love but it has not been without problems (leaky roof/duff battery etc)

The local Peugeot dealer has fixed the faulty daytime running lights but now the TV sockets do not work.
No red light on the plug in connection to the socket. Is there a switch somewhere for power?

Second question water can be drained to protect from freezing by turning in the taps outside but does this drain the water boiler
The hand book seems to suggest that below 3 degrees it will automatically dump the boiler water.

Any help appreciated. We are new owners and are still learning!

Many thanks

Goldilocks confused3
Goldilocks
Goldilocks

Female

Member Age : 56
Auto-Sleeper Model : KINGHAM

Back to top Go down

TV not working Empty Re: TV not working

Post by Jaytee Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:16 am

Hi Goldilocks, sounds like a fuse for the socket (hopefully)  but not sure where it will be. I am still trying to get a fuse chart for mine 2013/4 model Winchcome.  scratch head 
Draining the tanks won't fully clear water from the main system. You can manually open the drain for the hot tank and it is then worth a drive around with drains and taps open to get most of the water out. 
I keep a small oil filled heater in mine with all internal doors open as I use it regularly and don't want to drain down (unless really cold and I can't get out and about).

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

TV not working Empty Re: TV not working

Post by Peter Brown Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:19 am

In addition to advice from Jaytee; for electrics, see my answer to the slightly different question you posted in the technical chat forum.

At this time of year you need to learn about water systems quickly as freezing apparatus can be seriously damaged and cost a lot to repair. Search this forum and you will find lots of information.

Briefly; If you are not using the van to live in, you should manually drain all tanks (fresh, grey and toilet), the boiler and pipes. Leave all taps open (including shower. If you are living in the van make sure it is heated inside enough to stop freezing all the time the systems are filled with water.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down