The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lifting Table recess on a 2000 Symbol

3 posters

Go down

Lifting Table recess on a 2000 Symbol Empty Lifting Table recess on a 2000 Symbol

Post by Kenw Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:17 am

think_smiley_46 
Does anyone know how to lift the table recess fitting on the floor of a Symbol. Want to put some carpet protector down and thought it would be best if I could lay it under the recess fittings but can't find out how to lift them. Can't see any connections under the van and don't want to try and force them up by levering in case I break them. They look as if they are made of aluminium and could be a bit fragile.  Any suggestions would be welcome.
Kenw
Kenw

Male

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Lifting Table recess on a 2000 Symbol Empty Re: Lifting Table recess on a 2000 Symbol

Post by -mojo- Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:18 pm

I can recall a thread about this a year or so ago - a forum search may find it.

The sockets on my van of about the same age didn't have the covers, but if I remember the thread correctly, you gently prise the covers off, and there are screws all round underneath to allow you to remove it and fit carpet underneath.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Lifting Table recess on a 2000 Symbol Empty Re: Lifting Table recess on a 2000 Symbol

Post by Kenw Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:40 am

Thanks mojo
Searched everywhere but couldn't find any references. Am assuming the site does not have an archive section because I couldn't find it. Don't understand your reference to prising the covers off. If I try prising from the outside edge there is no movement at all. I can insert a small screwdriver from the inside (between the top plate and the actual recess) but all I seem to achieve is to bend the top cover so I don't want to force it too far. Will keep trying and see if there are any further suggestions forthcoming. Thanks for your response anyway.
Regards
Kenw
Kenw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:50 pm

This is the thread mentioned. You probably couldn't find it because it covered two items, tyres and plates, the plates being what you are trying to remove........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenw Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Thanks - just the information I was looking for - much appreciated
Kenw
Kenw

Male

Back to top Go down