The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T4 Trooper gutters

4 posters

Go down

gutters - T4 Trooper gutters Empty T4 Trooper gutters

Post by DaveSedge Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:51 pm

I need to remove the plastic covers between the pop roof and the van in order to have some rust cleaned off and the van sprayed. I know they are screwed on but I expect them to be fixed to the van with much more than just the small screws. Any body taken these off before? confused3 What can I expect? think_smiley_46 Also the extra seal between the two halves above the front windscreen, how is that fixed to the van? The windscreen is coming out to have rust cleaned and resprayed around it.
DaveSedge
DaveSedge

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper

Back to top Go down

gutters - T4 Trooper gutters Empty Re: T4 Trooper gutters

Post by DaveSedge Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:41 pm

Well it looks like I'll be the first on here to remove them so I'll let you know how it goes in october when it's done
DaveSedge
DaveSedge

Male

Back to top Go down

gutters - T4 Trooper gutters Empty Roof gutters

Post by Guest Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:55 pm

Dave
Have you removed these yet? Looks like I may have to remove mine. There is a water leak down the screen pillar, looks like it could be from the screws holding the gutter trim on, or a hole under the trim!!!!. Does anyone know what the tape is down the centre length of the trim, AS have told me it is no longer available. It isn't Duck tape, that is to thick and shiny.
cheers Steve
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

gutters - T4 Trooper gutters Empty Gutters

Post by DaveSedge Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:09 pm

Steve,

They need to be off for the October half term so it will be next weekend, busy this one, should the weather be kind to me. I'll let you know how it goes and get some pics before, during, after stuff done. I suspect that it will be a horrible job! Just don't want to break anything or make any leaks worse but screen has to come out, metal ground back etc so no choice.

Dave
DaveSedge
DaveSedge

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveSedge Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:43 pm

Gutters are now off! First remove the c rail on the left hand side, had to use an impact driver to get most out but had to grind the heads of 5 stuck ones and I thought that would be the easy bit?next remove the black tape on the side gutters! I used a chisel for this! you will find screws hidden below white filler! these need to come out. Now to the gutters, they are held on by the mastic only. I started at the rear, I drove a chisel between the roof and the gutter with the chisel against the roof side.use a second chisel, repeat the process moving rear wards, eventually the rear section will become free. now repeat the process moving forward, don't use the gutter as a lever it is too fragile. When you get to the front get someone to lift the tail of the gutter, you can then use a Stanley knife to cut the front free.
Caution, lots of the gel coat came off stuck to the mastic, this will need to be repaired, this occurred on both sides but was worse second time even though I was taking more care. The gutters are shaped using wooden batons, some of these will be damaged during removal and will need to be recovered with fibreglass. I have cut the mastic back ready for refitting and sealing, however the roof sealed to the van anyway so a perfect seal is not needed. The side screws penetrate the roof but would not cause a leak down the screen. The tape along the gutters just appears to be black trim tape, it is really thin and easily removed. I have taken the screen seal off and things don't look to great under the roof.
I have some pictures of the strip, does anyone know how to put them on here or I will send them directly to interested individuals.
DaveSedge
DaveSedge

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveSedge Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:45 pm

Sorry time wise started at nine o'clock, they were both. Off bygone o'clock and then I spend a further two hours prepping them to go back on after the corrosion work is done.
DaveSedge
DaveSedge

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:10 pm

DaveSedge wrote:
I have some pictures of the strip, does anyone know how to put them on here.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveSedge Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Okay here goes for photos, see the windscreen link post for the tin worm that follows on from these!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
DaveSedge
DaveSedge

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by seanw Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:02 pm

Can you buy replacement gutters from auto sleeper for vans of this vintage?
seanw
seanw

Male

Member Age : 48
Auto-Sleeper Model : trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveSedge Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:12 pm

I repaired the inner fibreglass coverings, if restored the missing gel coat using araldite rapid. I refitted the gutters with adhesive and sealant and the screws and then covered the screws with trim tape. You can't tell it's even been off.
DaveSedge
DaveSedge

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveSedge Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:14 pm

The only bit I'm missing is the rubber seal between the two gutters across the screen.
DaveSedge
DaveSedge

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by seanw Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:33 pm

OK Thanks - mine is in need of a respray and the gutters also need to come off to sort a few rust patches underneath! Will find some photos shortly.
seanw
seanw

Male

Member Age : 48
Auto-Sleeper Model : trooper

Back to top Go down

gutters - T4 Trooper gutters Empty gutter fixings on the Symbol

Post by Biffo Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:53 am

DaveSedge wrote:Well it looks like I'll be the first on here to remove them so I'll let you know how it goes in october when it's done
Probably to late Dave as I expect you have finished the job. My gutters are held on by what look like plastic number plate screws which screw into a small metal plate which in turn is bonded to the gel coat sidewall of the roof with sikaflex. Also they are bonded to the original Peugeot metal guttering again with Sikaflex
Biffo
Biffo

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down