The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symbol Driver's Seat Swivel

4 posters

Go down

Symbol Driver's Seat Swivel Empty Symbol Driver's Seat Swivel

Post by mikemelson Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:01 pm

Hi,
Has anyone out there got a swivel fitted to the driver's seat, I'm toying with the idea so that we can both be at the same level whilst watching a film on the laptop. I realize that the seat won't swivel completely as the sofa is in the way. I'm wondering if it's worth it especially as there's one for sale on the internet for £125.00, surely this price is well OTT.
Mike.
mikemelson
mikemelson
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2024

Back to top Go down

Symbol Driver's Seat Swivel Empty Re: Symbol Driver's Seat Swivel

Post by Alf Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Mike unless you have the ES Symbol you need to move the seat backwords and forwards in order to get the seat to face the passenger seat this is as far as you can go you also need to take the handbrake off whilst doing this then the handbreak is under the rear of the drivers seat,you may have to adjust the seat back too it also lifts the seat by about 2".
You can buy them much cheaper
Alf
Alf
Alf

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by squip Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:45 pm

I have a swivelling driver's seat in my Symbol ES. You are right in that the seat will not swivel right around as the backrest fouls the steering wheel. But it is still ok when swivelling for watching the tv on the tv shelf. We also find that the partly swivelled seat is useful at night for books and glasses after reading in bed. Also with both seats turned the lounge seems to be bigger in that the two front seats become part of the lounge whereas if the driver's seat is not turned the lounge seems to stop at the driver's backrest. Just my thoughts.
To swivel the seat I first release the handbrake [with foot on footbrake if necessary] then swivel the seat and then re-apply the handbrake. This being done from the driver's doorway.
squip
squip
squip
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:03 pm

squip wrote:I have a swivelling driver's seat in my Symbol ES. You are right in that the seat will not swivel right around as the backrest fouls the steering wheel. But it is still ok when swivelling for watching the tv on the tv shelf. We also find that the partly swivelled seat is useful at night for books and glasses after reading in bed. Also with both seats turned the lounge seems to be bigger in that the two front seats become part of the lounge whereas if the driver's seat is not turned the lounge seems to stop at the driver's backrest. Just my thoughts.
To swivel the seat I first release the handbrake [with foot on footbrake if necessary] then swivel the seat and then re-apply the handbrake. This being done from the driver's doorway.
squip

Squip the seat will turn fully round on the ES you need to put the seat in a fully rear position on the seat runners to allow the backrest past the steering wheel the seat squab forms part of the single bed when using as two singles it a messy job but it can be done.
In the standard Symbol the rear seat base fouls the seat and allows no further movement.
For some reason my Symbol has a swiveling drivers seat but its not used often the older swivels are far better than the new Fasp ones they dont lock in the rear position so the tend to swing about when parked on a slight slope

Alf
Alf
Alf

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by plattypus Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:39 pm

squip wrote:I have a swivelling driver's seat in my Symbol ES. You are right in that the seat will not swivel right around as the backrest fouls the steering wheel. But it is still ok when swivelling for watching the tv on the tv shelf. We also find that the partly swivelled seat is useful at night for books and glasses after reading in bed. Also with both seats turned the lounge seems to be bigger in that the two front seats become part of the lounge whereas if the driver's seat is not turned the lounge seems to stop at the driver's backrest. Just my thoughts.
squip

Squip

If you slide the offside settee back so the base board goes past the ledge. you can swivel the drivers sit fully round using the sliding bar under the seat, and adjusting the back of the seat so its laying over seat. this way you dont have to touch the handbrake at all.
Plattypus
plattypus
plattypus
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : 2006 Symbol ES

Back to top Go down

Post by squip Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Thanks Plattypus and Alf. I was aware that it was possible to turn the driver's seat right round [there is a hole in the floor for a table between the turned driver's seat and the o/s seat] but I was thinking of my own situation where the o/s seat is always extended because the storage beneath it is always utilised. [yellow ramps, food, laptop etc.]. I should have been clearer in my reply.

squip
squip
squip
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down