The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duetto Mk7 drivers seat swivel?

5 posters

Go down

Duetto Mk7 drivers seat swivel? Empty Duetto Mk7 drivers seat swivel?

Post by Pusscat Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:34 am

Hi,
Still researching the Duettos.

With the Mk7 based ones with the dash mounted gear stick (a 2007?), can you swivel the drivers seat fully around to face inwards like the passenger seat?  Was wondering if you could do this so the seat base gives a little more length to the bed on that side.  Not sure if there may be a handbrake in the way though...

Many thanks,
Pusscat
Pusscat

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper Model : none

Back to top Go down

Duetto Mk7 drivers seat swivel? Empty Re: Duetto Mk7 drivers seat swivel?

Post by daisy mae Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:36 pm

In my Topaz it had a hand brake and the gear stick on the floor, and I turned the drivers seat round to use as part of the bed, a bit fiddly but do-able, as the van was designed like that, so I wouldn`t have thought you would have a problem with yours, other owners will know more than I do.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:08 pm

Puss

The driver's seat cannot swivel on any model of Transit Duetto.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Yelto Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:13 pm

On my 2004 Duetto the drivers seat has the main battery and the leisure battery underneath so will only move backwards and forwards
Yelto
Yelto

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ford Transit Duetto
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Hodgson Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:06 pm

I have a 2003 Duetto and I fitted a swivel seat base, the seat only turns a quarter of a turn but makes a great single bed the hand brake has to be lowered and the seat box drilled,
 the seat can only be turned when the brake is off but can be reapplied once turned, there is something on the web about it somewhere.
Brian Hodgson
Brian Hodgson

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:14 pm

Pusscat wrote:Hi,

With the Mk7 based ones with the dash mounted gear stick (a 2007?), can you swivel the drivers seat fully around to face inwards like the passenger seat?  Was wondering if you could do this so the seat base gives a little more length to the bed on that side.  Not sure if there may be a handbrake in the way though...

Many thanks,

Puss

What you are asking is, I suppose theoretically possible, but .............

1) The driver's seat will end up being higher than before due to the swivel mechanism & may affect you forward view when driving.

2) The handbrake lever (on a MK7) will be in the way and the handbrake will have to be released in order to move the seat.

3) The gear lever in the dash should not be a problem.

4) You will have to be very careful of the two batteries under the driver's seat and ensure that the swivel mechanism does not foul the terminals.

5) I do not imagine that you could turn the seat through 180 degrees, I imagine 90 would be all that is possible.

Good luck!
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:00 pm

Spospe wrote:
Pusscat wrote:Hi,

Many thanks,

Puss

What you are asking is, I suppose theoretically possible, but .............

1) The driver's seat will end up being higher than before due to the swivel mechanism & may affect you forward view when driving.

2) The handbrake lever (on a MK7) will be in the way and the handbrake will have to be released in order to move the seat.

3) The gear lever in the dash should not be a problem.

4) You will have to be very careful of the two batteries under the driver's seat and ensure that the swivel mechanism does not foul the terminals.

5) I do not imagine that you could turn the seat through 180 degrees, I imagine 90 would be all that is possible.

Good luck!
When I had a swivel seat fitted in my MH I bought a lower seat base so the seat was the original height as before the swivel.

Hope this helps.

Forgot to mention I had the base covering that was on the original base taken off and put on the new base, so that it matched the other seat.

Last edited by daisy mae on Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : covering seat base.)
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:55 pm

Daisy, the potential problem here is the batteries are mounted under the driver's seat. Any attempt to lower the seat base in order to maintain seat height, runs the risk of contacting the battery terminals.

In the MK7 Transit, the starter battery is mounted at the rear of the seat and the leisure (habitation) battery is at the front. There is not much spare room under the seat!
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:07 pm

Ooops sorry didn`t realise batteries were under the seat, should have read a bit more, that makes it awkward to say the least.  Mine is under the OS settee.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down