The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drain down water system instructions

2 posters

Go down

Drain down water system instructions Empty Drain down water system instructions

Post by nelliethevan Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:01 am

Hi, I'm having a great time in my H reg Rapport but sometimes regret not having a manual! I have tried to get the water system working but despite trying all the remedies in other posts for getting water out of the taps I cant get it to flow properly. I dont want to drive around with a tank of old water but dont know how to drain the tank or the water heater. Any help appreciated.
nelliethevan
nelliethevan

Female

Member Age : 56
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rapport
Vehicle Year : 1990

Back to top Go down

Drain down water system instructions Empty Re: Drain down water system instructions

Post by -mojo- Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:34 am

My own experience of the smaller panel van conversions (having owned a Rapport for a while) is that the water pipework tends to take a rather convoluted route (on my last Transit-based A-S both hot and cold water pipes were routed from one side of the van to the other over the back door!) and they can be very difficult to bleed air out of so that they flow properly.

But draining down should be easy - look underneath and at one end of the water tank will be a drain tap. Assuming the water heater is a Carver, the drain plug is outside, bottom left of the flue cowl.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Drain down water system instructions Empty Re: Drain down water system instructions

Post by nelliethevan Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:39 am

Thank you! That's really helpful. I think I'll give up trying to suck air out of pipes and just boil some water instead.
nelliethevan
nelliethevan

Female

Member Age : 56
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rapport
Vehicle Year : 1990

Back to top Go down