The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiamma cassette toilet problems

2 posters

Go down

Fiamma cassette toilet problems Empty Fiamma cassette toilet problems

Post by Traficlady Mon 17 Jun 2013 - 8:24

I've recently bought a 1994 Talbot Symphony with a Fiamma cassette toilet. The waste tank comes out into the inside of the van.

I have the instructions in words and pictures which tell you quite clearly to fill the flush tank with water. The toilet looks like a Porta Potti and has the flush knob on the right and a filling place with screw cap on the left. However, when I started pouring water into it, the water spilled out in the waste tank compartment - and, of course, all over the carpet because the inside door was off! It was investigated by Boxerman whose Thetford toilet is flushed from the main water tank and it appears that this Fiamma is the same. 

OK, so now I know that part and it all seems to have been working fine over the weekend.

However, when I took the cassette out to empty it, I found pink jelly-like bits (not to put too fine a point on it, it looked like pink sick) all over the outside of the tank at the back and on the bottom and sides of the compartment. I can't put pink chemical in the flush, obviously, so have just sprayed round the toilet pan with a solution of it. There are no leaks or anything so I have no reason to suspect that what goes in the toilet pan is not going into the cassette.

There is also a red hose that comes out of the top of the cassette compartment and goes into the outside wall of the van but there is no indication where this goes to and there is no outlet on the outside.

Does anyone have any bright ideas or suggestions please?

Nora
Traficlady

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Fiamma cassette toilet problems Empty Re: Fiamma cassette toilet problems

Post by boxerman Mon 17 Jun 2013 - 11:59

Hi Nora
I'm pretty confident that the red hose is the water feed pipe for the flush. 
When you were trying to fill the flush tank, did you put some pink stuff in first? If so, it might have worked its way out of the hole where the red pipe goes through.
I saw something lurking in the bottom of the tank but couldn't make out what it was.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady Mon 17 Jun 2013 - 13:13

No, I didn't put any pink stuff in but I can't see any sort of leak anywhere anyway. What you saw was (hopefully!) just water as I'd cleaned it all when I got it and hadn't used it until this weekend.

I also had a similar thought about the red pipe, that maybe it was the 12v for the flush.

Maybe I should just keep flushing it through and see what happens. It would help if you could flush it without the cassette in (but with a bowl underneath!) so you could see what was going on.

Nora
Traficlady

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Mon 17 Jun 2013 - 13:26

No, I didn't put any pink stuff in but I can't see any sort of leak anywhere anyway. What you saw was (hopefully!) just water as I'd cleaned it all when I got it and hadn't used it until this weekend.
Wonder where it's come from then?

I also had a similar thought about the red pipe, that maybe it was the 12v for the flush. 
No - I'm pretty sure its the water supply

Maybe I should just keep flushing it through and see what happens. It would help if you could flush it without the cassette in (but with a bowl underneath!) so you could see what was going on. 
You can! that's what I did when I was fiddling with it if you remember?

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady Mon 17 Jun 2013 - 14:01

Ah, well in that case I don't think anything was coming out that shouldn't have been, so goodness knows where it was coming from. shrugg I might go out and have a play later.

Nora
Traficlady

Female

Back to top Go down