The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No cooker!

+2
Dutto
Annevan
6 posters

Go down

No cooker! Empty No cooker!

Post by Annevan Mon May 20, 2013 10:41 pm

Hi
I've just bought a 2005 Duetto. Its lovely but the last owner, who bought it new, either asked for no cooker or took it out himself and used a microwave and portable single gas ring. I love cooking and hate microwave ovens! I dont want an oven but want to buy a hob and grill. The gas connections are there but were never used as the previous owner was afraid to use gas !Can anyone suggest where I might get a hob/grill or what make to get. Are the hobs usually standard sizes. I'm in SE Ireland so I may need to buy from the UK unless any Irish members know of Irish suppliers. I'll get the gas system checked out and cooker installed by someone who knows how.
Also, the small kitchen window is broken on the inside, maybe from using gas on the worktop. Do I need to get a new one from Auto-Sleeper or would any campervan repair place have one? Help would be appreciated.

Slan

Anne
Annevan
Annevan

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

No cooker! Empty Re: No cooker!

Post by Dutto Mon May 20, 2013 11:03 pm

Anne,

With regards to the cooker here's something that may suit your needs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you click on Dealer and feed in your Post Code they will find your nearest Dealer.

With regard to the window; the spare parts for some of the windows fitted to Duettos are no longer produced but you can usually buy the whole unit and then just fit the bit that is broken.

I suggest that you contact either a nearby AS Dealer or AS direct.

Hope this helps. allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

PS Here is one of the SMEVs on eBay.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Annevan Mon May 20, 2013 11:49 pm

Thanks Ian, that cooker looks good. I'll try to get one locally, if not maybe eBay, and measure up to make sure it will fit. We dont have any AS dealers here, not a lot of Motorhome dealers either but I have 3 daughters in the UK and will go visit some dealers when i take the camper over this summer smile!
Annevan
Annevan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Tue May 21, 2013 8:03 am

I would try a caravan breaker Anne, most things are pretty standard, cookers, fridges etc.. If one of our kind Duetto owners can tell you the make and model of their cooker, you can trawl the breakers for one - or even Ebay. The windows "may" be made specially though? but praps not.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

No cooker! Empty No Cooker

Post by SAB67246 Tue May 21, 2013 9:05 am

Hi Anne,
You could try Camping Crazy who used to have a shop in New Ross. I know they have closed the shop but are saying on Facebook that if we have any needs to contact them. They were very helpful in getting a couple of bits for me last year.
Good luck Shirley
SAB67246
SAB67246
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : 1993 Talbot Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Tue May 21, 2013 3:42 pm

LP Voyager 2000. One piece hob, grill and oven is fitted in our 1996 Duetto. Hope this helps in your quest up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue May 21, 2013 3:58 pm

Take a look at this thread - same subject - there are some dimensions mentioned which may help...

Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 21, 2013 6:41 pm

Anne
If you ring the A/S parts department on 01386 842630, they should be able to advise you which model of cooker was fitted to the 2005 Duetto and should be able to sort out your window. Don't bother ringing an A/S dealer. A/S part dept will send by post, (but I'm not suggesting you get the cooker from them by post, although you can ask for a price you never know). A/S often send out windows and have a standard charge.

With the make of oven, just "Google it" to find a supplier.

It may well still be an LP Voyager 2000 as mentioned. Someone on here with a late Duetto like yours should be able to confirm.

By fitting the original cooker, you will maintain the resale value of your van.

Enjoy your new van smile!

Regards

John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Annevan Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:44 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies. 

I have finally got my cooker sorted, a month later, but things move slowly in Ireland!

I emailed AS who told me I needed a Spinflo Caprice Mk3 (presume the original cooker is no longer available) and it should fit. Unfortunately at €750 and with about 2mms to spare I thought 'should fit 'wasn't worth the risk and I would also have to remove my bottom drawer as this cooker is full size.  I bought a smev hob and grill and got it fitted with an aluminium grill shelf and another shelf added so I have storage space beneath.

It looks fine and should  be sufficient to produce a few Jamie Oliver 15 mins meals. timer

Unfortunately I haven't tried cooking yet as I have gas problems !

Another thread.

Anne
Annevan
Annevan

Female

Back to top Go down