The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

swapping mpk for fammia roof lights/vents.

3 posters

Go down

swapping mpk for fammia roof lights/vents. Empty swapping mpk for fammia roof lights/vents.

Post by Andy Barker Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:09 pm

Hi all you helpful motorcaravanners,
has anyone changed their standard fitted mpk vents for Fammia ones and if so was it easy?
Or does anyone know anything about doing this please?

many thanks

Andy
Andy Barker
Andy Barker

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rapport 2

Back to top Go down

swapping mpk for fammia roof lights/vents. Empty Re: swapping mpk for fammia roof lights/vents.

Post by Paulmold Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:28 pm

There have been several posts on changing to a Heki (mini-heki) which I imagine would be the same as for a Fiamma, take a look at this thread...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

swapping mpk for fammia roof lights/vents. Empty Re: swapping mpk for fammia roof lights/vent

Post by mgfx Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:37 am

Andy, you need to make sure that any alternative vent will fit the Rapports rather thin roof. My original MPK handles protruded below the flyscreens, eventually causing them to break because the depth of the roof was not really enough without packing it out. I replaced mine with the latest MPK which has an internal trickle vent, increasing the depth of the interior, and the handles now sit just above the flyscreen. The new ones also have locking handles, so no more sudden openings at motorway speeds.

I agree that Fiamma and Heiki are nicer to look at, and let the light in much better, but they also have the disadvantage of only opening in one direction, unlike the 4 way MPK.

Its a really easy job to do, the worst bit is removing all the old sealant and its residue, make sure you use stainless steel screws when fitting (the MPKs dont come with fixing screws), and you may need to slightly enlarge the opening if you go for an alternative.

Mark
mgfx
mgfx

Auto-Sleeper Model : Rapport

Back to top Go down