The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toilet Blade

3 posters

Go down

Toilet Blade Empty Toilet Blade

Post by Flying High Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:42 am

Hi folks,
just back from our first outing in the freezing cold but really nice and warm INSIDE the van so no problem apart from the amount of gas I used. girl-crying-sad

Anyway not wanting to get into to much detail, the blade in the toilet does not open fully and you can guess what happened after the wife had a go, (poor Sue).

Anyway after I cleaned it up I removed the cassette and freed off the blade and on reassembly noticed the blade still did not full open and left a "shelf" which I got over by "manually pushing it back before we performed. On waggling the control inside I can get the blade to go right back after a fashion but it is not right. parfum

Anyone know the problem I took out the cassette and tried to move the connecting bit that goes to the valve but it still plays about. moon

Answers on a piece of toilet paper please. boo

Hope you all had a lovely Easter allthumbz

Thanks in advance, regards Mike. courtesy
Flying High
Flying High

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex BB?
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Toilet Blade Empty Re: Toilet Blade

Post by whisky Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:04 am

Hi Mike.

This is a common problem. Its the black rubber seal that the blade slides past. Over a period of time or if the wrong type of cleaning product is used, the rubber seal swells up and stops the blade from fully retracting.
Not a major job to do. Remove the casette unscrew the seal retaining ring ( 8 screws if I remember right ) Fit a new seal, refix retaining ring. Job done. If it needs a little lubrication vegetable oil is the thing. up!

Cheers Whisky. champagne

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying High Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:28 pm

Thanks Whisky for the information, I will get a new seal and try, another nail in the dealership that sold me the van. so angry

Best regards, Mike
Flying High
Flying High

Male

Back to top Go down

Toilet Blade Empty toilet

Post by ubuntu1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:42 pm

Totally agree, new seal needed. They need lubricating every few months, you can use olive oil or silicone spray.

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper Model : M/H engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying High Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:38 am

Cheers ubuntu1, put new seal in this morning and the blade is opening properly, well done.

Just one word of warning to anyone attempting this is to make sure you start the screws off onto the cassette gently and straight as the cassette is plastic and you could easily cross thread into the plastic. It's me talking as a retired mechanic now not a camper van owner.

Best regards, Mike courtesy
Flying High
Flying High

Male

Back to top Go down