The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sussex Duo - Peugeot boxer cycle racks.

+4
burlingtonboaby
peugeotboxer
Paulmold
Tengah74
8 posters

Go down

Sussex Duo - Peugeot boxer cycle racks. Empty Sussex Duo - Peugeot boxer cycle racks.

Post by Tengah74 Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:07 pm

Recently bought a Sussex Duo from Marquis ( based on the Warwick Duo) and wondering if anyone has fitted a a rear storage box on the right rear door. I am aware thar Fiamma do manufacture a cycle rack that can be used to support a box( although I am not interested in the cycle bits ). What I am looking for is a support frame that does not need drilling of the van structure. Not sure if it a viable proposition, so look forward to any suggestions . Thanks
Tengah74

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex duo

Back to top Go down

Sussex Duo - Peugeot boxer cycle racks. Empty Re: Sussex Duo - Peugeot boxer cycle racks.

Post by Paulmold Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:15 pm

Fiamma do a frame that is not for cycles but you still have to drill the door..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Sussex Duo - Peugeot boxer cycle racks. Empty Re: Sussex Duo - Peugeot boxer cycle racks.

Post by Tengah74 Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:17 pm

Thanks. I guess last resort. No problem for me, but my partner.................!
Tengah74

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Tengah74 wrote:Thanks. I guess last resort. No problem for me, but my partner.................!

If you have a tow hitch?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Sussex Duo - Peugeot boxer cycle racks. Empty Re-Peugeot boxer cycle rack

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi Tengah74
If you have 2 rear doors on your van and its 2006 onwards, then the Fiamma carrybike 200DJ Ducato will fit, you can attach it to your right hand door without drilling, it will take a 35 kg load, you can take the bike rails of if you want, just leaving the frame, saving weight.
I had one fitted to my 09 Symbol, carrying a Fiamma box 320 ( box is for sale).

Hope this helps. up!

Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:17 pm

hi-2010 Tengah74,

Welcome to the forum,

Brian & Chris

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Post by Campievanner Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:19 am

Hi Tengah
We have a Fiamma bike rack for the post 2006 van in our garage that I am looking to sell if you are interested.
We bought it last year and it was only put on the van then taken straight off as we decided folding bikes were our better option.
Campievanner
Campievanner

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stratford
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Sussex Duo - Peugeot boxer cycle racks. Empty bike rack

Post by steles Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:04 pm

The mentioned Fiamma rack must have holes drilled for the security screws. If you rely on the side clamps only you may well have insurance problems if it comes off. Read the Fiamma data sheet.

Steles
steles
steles

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:10 pm

steles wrote:The mentioned Fiamma rack must have holes drilled for the security screws. If you rely on the side clamps only you may well have insurance problems if it comes off. Read the Fiamma data sheet.

Steles

I had no problems with my clamped on Fiamma rack, mine was fitted correctly by an authorised dealer, just be careful going over speed bumps and don't over load the max weight. up!
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Sussex Duo - Peugeot boxer cycle racks. Empty bike rack

Post by steles Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:56 pm

Mine was fitted by Marquis. Security bolts through door skin as Fiamma data sheet. what van was yours? mine is a Kemerton
steles
steles

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:28 pm

steles wrote:Mine was fitted by Marquis. Security bolts through door skin as Fiamma data sheet. what van was yours? mine is a Kemerton

My van at the time was a 59 Symbol, yes I agree by bolting your bike rack onto the door will give it added security and carry more weight, however the original question was " What I am looking for is a support frame that does not need drilling to the van structure".
I sold my van back in 2011 with no bike rack and no holes in the door skin
He has a choice, clamp it for 35kilo carrying weight including box or bolt it for more carrying capacity.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Sussex Duo - Peugeot boxer cycle racks. Empty Bike Rack

Post by steles Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:38 pm

I guess that just about covers it. On reflection I would have preferred no drilling but I asked for it to be fitted so I got what I asked for.
Steles
steles
steles

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:26 pm

steles wrote:I guess that just about covers it. On reflection I would have preferred no drilling but I asked for it to be fitted so I got what I asked for.
Steles

Hi Steles
Just one more thing to add, I noticed the rear door hinges were begining to wear on my 59 Symbol, when I took it off , the doors lined up again.worth keeping an eye on up!
Cheers Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Sussex Duo - Peugeot boxer cycle racks. Empty Bike Rack

Post by steles Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:12 am

Thanks
Will check
Steles
steles
steles

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengah74 Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:46 pm

Thanks for all the info. The jury is still out on this, although I met a guy at Sandringham who had a the clamp system fitted , and he swore by it. Showed me how it fitted etc, but as you say,the deciding factor will be the carrying capacity. I would be interested in any used items, certainly the box and the cycle carry. If I decided on the door clamp system, 35 kg weight restriction, what is the bike carry system that I would be compatable to the clamps? Again thanks for your time.
Tengah74

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:03 pm

Tengah74 wrote:Thanks for all the info. The jury is still out on this, although I met a guy at Sandringham who had a the clamp system fitted , and he swore by it. Showed me how it fitted etc, but as you say,the deciding factor will be the carrying capacity. I would be interested in any used items, certainly the box and the cycle carry. If I decided on the door clamp system, 35 kg weight restriction, what is the bike carry system that I would be compatable to the clamps? Again thanks for your time.

Hi Tengah74
Omnistor make a similar clamped style bike rack with the same carrying capacity of 35kg, if you google in Fiamma/Omnistor bike racks you find loads of info on the bike carrying system.
I have returned your p.m. up!

Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Sussex Duo - Peugeot boxer cycle racks. Empty warwick duo

Post by geoff brooke Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:40 am

hi
jhad the same problem with our warwick duo 2012...best solution is thule load carrier which fastens to a standard 50ml towball.
you can remove the box and use as a cycle carrier
benefits
no drilling of doors...avoids water ingress
despite fiammas blurb...boxer doors are not designed to carry weight.
when in situ you cant see through the back windows and doors openeing is restricted.
cost of detachable towbar...means you can use rear doors for access without cracking your shins...approx £500 inc wiring
you can then use your campervan for towing a trailer as well.
road legal in spain...you still need red / white marker board.
email if you req full info
geoff brooke
geoff brooke

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick duo xl

Back to top Go down