The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot water problem - - Carver

5 posters

Go down

Hot water problem - - Carver Empty Hot water problem - - Carver

Post by lucky7 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi,

I'm all a bit new to this but here goes. Recently bought a Ford Transit Duetto and when trying to get hot water the following happens:
- Pump running and filling hot water tank, but continues to run and fails to shut off.
- Carver switch unit lights up correctly and the heater tries to light and appears to run
- All taps and shower etc bled of air
- Water starts to pour out under the right hand side sill of the van, just below the hot water heater, but nothing inside the van.

I have read through some of the heater related topics on here, but nothing seems to be the same, help.........! confused3
lucky7
lucky7

Male

Member Age : 50
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Hot water problem - - Carver Empty Re: Hot water problem - - Carver

Post by chrisvesey Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:18 pm

Hi,
Either the hot water drain tap is open, a pipe has split, or the hot water boiler has burst,
regards,
Chris V
chrisvesey
chrisvesey
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : sold it
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybee3946 Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi there,
on the outside of your van at the square panel on the heater there is a small slotted slotted bleed valve in the top left hand corner give it a quarter of a turn it should seatback in. that is probably where the water is coming from and preventing the heater from filling up.
when emptying the heater just give it a quarter turn to let air in and empty the unit. If this isn't the cure try taking out the drain plug bottom right and make sure the washer is in it's correct position
Good luck JB.
jaybee3946
jaybee3946

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Autosleeper Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by brodco Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:28 pm

If it’s the heater drain plugs leaking / open the water will be running down the outside of the van.

If not and you haven’t already done so I’d suggest removing the bench seat. It’s fixed by a row of screws along the long edge. You’ll find you can lift the lid off the heater compartment and see the heater and connecting pipes. A common problem is the inlet / outlet fittings going brittle over the years and cracking (replacement fittings shouldn’t be hard to get).

I’m wondering if water is leaking here and coming out of the sill drain holes. In which case you might not notice any water inside the van.

Brod
brodco
brodco
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Hot water problem - - Carver Empty Cheers guys

Post by lucky7 Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:39 pm

Cheers guys some food for thought there... up!
lucky7
lucky7

Male

Member Age : 50

Back to top Go down

Hot water problem - - Carver Empty i concur

Post by Harper22 Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:09 pm

I had a similar problem untill I realised i had left the small screw 1/4 turn open, Its amazing ho much water escapes and seemingly doesnt come from the heater but the sil when in fact it is indeed coming from the bleed area. managed to do it 5 times nbow as keep forgetting to close the valve after emptying the heater. I will remember one day hugegrins

lucky7 wrote:Cheers guys some food for thought there... up!
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Member Age : 45
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony

Back to top Go down