The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery water system leak in harmony

4 posters

Go down

Mystery water system leak in harmony Empty Mystery water system leak in harmony

Post by Gran Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:00 pm

Recently we noticed drips coming from the chassis of the van, some below the area of the sliding door and another nearer the fresh water tank. It appears that we are losing fresh water from a pipe up inside the walls and this is where it falls out. The tank is apparently fine. I have tried to track the routes of the hoses and locate the pump by removing panels below the cooker, sink and offside seat but failed. As a new member I would be glad of some advice.
Gran
Gran

Female

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : Talent
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Mystery water system leak in harmony Empty Re: Mystery water system leak in harmony

Post by brodco Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:35 pm

I had a leak on the Duetto around the fresh water tank. In my case it turned out to be a split in the fresh water filler pipe.
The pipe from the water inlet in the side of the van does a sharp downward turn, goes through the floor and does another sharp turn to the tank filler. It turned out that it only leaked when I went round corners. The water was forced back up the filler pipe and out of the split.

Just found some pictures of the Harmony on the net and although the layout is obviously different it looks as if it may have a similar system. Looking at the proximity of the filler pipe to the water heater outlet you may be able to check it by looking through the heater inspection cover under the seat. No doubt other harmony owner will advise if this is wrong.

I can’t think that there is much water wise under the sliding door other than the grey water tank. Could it be the drain tape or hose connections perhaps?
brodco
brodco
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Mystery water system leak in harmony Empty Thanks

Post by Gran Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:32 pm

Thanks Brodco. The water dripping below the side door is coming from inside the chassis, but probably has run along from else where. There seems no access to the pump unless I remove the whole cooker/sink unit which seems an odd arrangement! I will check the water inlet pipe though. You'll guess from this that I am the practical member of this household, but that's not saying much!
Gran
Gran

Female

Back to top Go down

Mystery water system leak in harmony Empty Re: Mystery water system leak in harmony

Post by Paulmold Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:17 am

You may find the pump under false floor in bottom cupboard under cooker.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Mystery water system leak in harmony Empty Hooray!

Post by Gran Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:20 pm

Many thanks to you, Paulmold, you have enabled me to find the pump! It was under the floor as you said, but until today I had no idea that you could lift the base of the cupboard up. In fact the pump seems ok, and there was no dampness round it, so at least I'm a bit wiser on that score.
As the drips from the chassis seem to have stopped now, it may well be the leak is in the filler pipe and only happens when we go over rough terrain or round sharp bends as my first reply suggested. I will be keeping an eye on it and am very grateful to both you boys for your help!
Gran
Gran

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisvesey Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi,
The fresh water tank has a breather/overflow on the top which allows water to run out if the tank is filled to the top and then possibly parked on a slight angle, mine always dribbles a bit when I first pull out of the drive, if yours stops after a while I would ignore it,
regards,
Chris V
chrisvesey
chrisvesey
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : sold it
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down