The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mobile Scooter Recommendations

3 posters

Go down

Mobile Scooter Recommendations Empty Mobile Scooter Recommendations

Post by Bill Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:20 am

Does anybody know or can recommend a portable electric mobile scooter that will fit in to the side door of a Symbol ?  Many thanks.  Bill
Bill
Bill

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Mobile Scooter Recommendations Empty Re: Mobile Scooter Recommendations

Post by Bilbobaggins Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:38 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Some of the TV advertised lightweights will fit folded in a single piece, but they come with a hefty price tag, most will be fine for pavement and shopping use.

We have a Veo Sport which I disassemble into seat, battery, rear axle and chassis. Seat travels upside down on rear bench seat, chassis lifted into space between bench seats, rear axle reattached and battery inserted. We can still use front of bench seat while having coffee breaks when travelling.  Usually stays outside under a cover if on site. If off grid I can move seat to drivers seat, chassis sits on its side between front seats and rear axle and battery on floor in front of passenger seat. Each component weighs 15 to 20kg and full scooter is approx 65kg, so dismantling is a must. I do on occasions take the bits in and out of side door of wxl, and can move them front to back with doors closed if needed..getting it into or out of van takes a couple of minutes

This scooter carries my wife on all sorts if surfaces. It is not all terrain like the trampers but copes with NT gardens, gravel paths, gradients that slow me down.her Veo Sport is discontinued but there are lots of similar models available

It also fits dismantled in boot of both my wife's Auris and daughters Yaris.

Would advise going to a mobility store and sitting in a few to find one that is comfortable,  then depending on proposed use and budget take it from there. Other than off road or big 8mph scooters anything else will go through the side door either in one piece or in bits.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Bill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Mobile Scooter Recommendations Empty Re: Mobile Scooter Recommendations

Post by Alan WH Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:23 am

I have a symbol and have opted for a power chair that fits on the single seat and is only 19kilos
Alan WH
Alan WH

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : symbol
Vehicle Year : 2024

Back to top Go down