The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accommodation price gouging for events

3 posters

Go down

Accommodation price gouging for events Empty Accommodation price gouging for events

Post by Bilbobaggins Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:31 am

Following reports of a hotel in Manchester cancelling previously confirmed bookings for proposed dates of Oasis concerts next summer due to 'technical issues ' then same rooms being advertised at several times original price I was talking to my daughter about this, she checked Edinburgh hotels and already inflated prices for Festival and Fringe in early August are dwarfed by the prices asked for the nights Oasis are playing in Murray field.

Out of interest I looked at CAMC sites availability and members price for August. Two adults hard standing with ehu. Strathclyde Park about £34 per night right through August,  Edinburgh between £45 and £54 per night for August,  rising to £56 night before and after concerts but sold out for concert nights, don't know what was being charged for concert nights. Haven't looked at sites near other venues but looks like good moneymaker for clubs, dont_mentionIt

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Accommodation price gouging for events Empty Re: Accommodation price gouging for events

Post by Fixer Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:58 pm

Any business that cancels existing contracts to resell at a higher price on the back of events like these concerts deserves to be boycotted until they go bust.
Customers for any business are hard won, treating them with such contempt  demonstrates that they have no understanding of loyalty as it works two ways.
Fixer
Fixer

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Accommodation price gouging for events Empty Re: Accommodation price gouging for events

Post by IanH Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:59 pm

I was more concerned at paying the exorbitant site fees for Edinburgh, being sent to  my dedicated slot by the resident minder, finding it to be next to a brand new van with Sturgeon in it!! sensored1 sensored1 sensored1 sensored1 sensored1 sensored1
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down