The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorhome Parking

4 posters

Go down

Motorhome Parking Empty Motorhome Parking

Post by Dave 418 Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:38 am

We have our van parked on the drive and it can be a battle reversing off the drive mostly because of parked cars. Even so we get great entertainment watching the guy that lives across the road. As soon as I start backing off the drive he stands outside his front door glaring at me shaking his head.
This week I have taken the van out once. Next door has had his Corinium outside and now next door has his fire engine parked outside. 
The bloke across the road has spent most of this week standing there glaring at us. .We live on the widest avenue in this area and never block his drive. He never uses his front room so it can’t be spoiling his view. I have tried to talk to him but he avoids me. shrugg
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Motorhome Parking Empty Re: Motorhome Parking

Post by Bilbobaggins Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:18 am

I have to reverse into drive as street isn't wide enough to let me get van in forwards, I drive into cul de sac, turn round and go past our drive, then reverse in with drivers side on inside of reverse. Neighbour across the road parks her car on our side of road, to right if our drive as we look out  and outside next doors property(managements car is parked outside our garden wall in left). This means her car narrows my approach to my drive, but by mounting pavement across road I can reverse into drive in one go. Means front nearside of van tracks along over pavement, near to her low garden wall.

She always seems to be either at her back door or kitchen window when I am parking the van and she just stares every time like something out of a horror movie. I sometimes make more of a meal of it than I have to just to wind her up.

Get occasional chat with hubby but she just blanks me. Worked with her sister in NHS for 15 years and couldn't meet a nicer person, complete contrast in a family
Bilbobaggins
Bilbobaggins
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:33 am

He is a local winger and stirrer and isn’t liked by most people living near him. Recently he got himself in the local paper. He overstayed the parking time at Lidl and was fined so he complained to the local paper. He lives three doors away from Lidl and what was he doing in Lidl for long enough to get a ticket. 
As management says “if he smiled his face would crack”. Life is too short for miserable people like him.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu Sep 05, 2024 6:53 pm

Our house faces a turning area at the end of two long narrow un-adopted roads with three sharp bends and on-road parking bays closish to the house.  There were a number of occasions I had to ask a driver to move, usually from the turning area, so I could get my caravan onto and off our property which was our right.  Finding the driver was a problem and on at least three occasions the driver had left the Road!  This inconsiderate parking was a reason we downsized to the Nuevo.  I still get very grumpy, and probably look it, when I see people parking in the turning area when there is space for them on their property or in one of the three on-road parking bays - which is normally the case.so angry
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Gee Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:03 am

I never reverse up the drive - thieves might think twice about having to try and reverse the van out of the drive rather than a straightforward drive out...
Dave Gee
Dave Gee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down