The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to dealer - One thing after another!

+9
breakaleg
The Bargee
Nue
v8oholic
Bilbobaggins
Caraman
Ready to go
PLOUGHLIN
CC
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Back to dealer - One thing after another! - Page 2 Empty Re: Back to dealer - One thing after another!

Post by CC Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:07 pm

Hi Caraman thank you so much for your info also, much appreciated, step now works with the key fob automatically when unlocking door  up!

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Caraman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Back to dealer - One thing after another! - Page 2 Empty Re: Back to dealer - One thing after another!

Post by Caraman Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:12 pm

PLOUGHLIN beat me to it!  In the early days my step had a habit of blowing the No 10 10A fuse.  The A-S Service Centre on advice from Sargent changed my step run time to 3000ms as per my first photo and the fuse hasn't blown since.  I can't remember what it was set to before but it wasn't 0.  If you read the Dealer Technical Guide I sent you, you will be able to see all the options for the step and the awning light.  You will also see on page 2 of advanced settings there are options for battery type.  This does not appear on my CP and may not on yours.  This maybe because the Guide is dated 22 Apr 22 after Li batteries started being fitted.  Yours and my EC700 predate this.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:22 pm

Thanks Caraman, I’m guessing when the battery was disconnected & reconnected it reset the ms back to 0 would never have picked up on this, surprised the dealer didn’t think of this when I contacted them & they said they’d send out a replacement switch…

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:38 pm

CC wrote:Thanks Caraman, I’m guessing when the battery was disconnected & reconnected it reset the ms back to 0 would never have picked up on this, surprised the dealer didn’t think of this when I contacted them & they said they’d send out a replacement switch…
That's a good point.  In the very early days my advanced settings had a habit of changing which caused major problems.  For example, the logo section on page 1 kept changing to a different customer profile which affected the rest of the CP.  This was eventually put right with a software update but for a while after that I was concerned that some of the other advances setting may not have been correct.  Touch wood everything has been OK with the settings but I have photographed them so I know what they should be if they change again.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nue Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:45 pm

Having followed this thread since the beginning and been amazed at the depth of the technical advice that is readily and freely given by the members makes me realise just how fortunate I am to have found the site; I only donate £20 per year and feel that is the best £20 quid that I spend on my Motorhome. I seriously hope I never have the problems that the OM had but am so glad you lot are there. THANK YOU.
Nue
Nue
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Admin, breakaleg, Cymro and Caraman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:49 am

Sorry to hear about you troubles with your Broadway EB. We loved the layout of our EB (2017 reg, 2015 manufactured date). I’ve posted previously here about some of my troubles with the Sargent EC500 we had, but the main concern for me was that it was fitted in the cupboard in such a way that it was impossible to remove without dismantling the fitted furniture around it. 

Don’t know if this is still the case but if it is the same setup in your van but if it is and the dealer is aware it might be a part of the reason that are dragging their feet. 

G
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Sun Sep 01, 2024 10:45 am

I had a lot of these issues. The hab wiring into the EC700 was terrible (i.e.dangerous and non compliant). Whoever makes the wiring harness, presumably Sargent, stuffs two mains wires conductors into each plug connector pin which is designed to take one conductor. So a couple of mains conductors were sheared off at the pin and sparking merrilly away and some 13A sockets didn't work. I ripped out all the plugs and sockets in the EC700 and wired the mains wires directly to their destinations.
In the first week we had it (4 yrs old) we were woken at 3am by a screeching alarm where the Sargent electrics declared that the engine battery voltage was zero. It wasn't, we had just driven it over 100 miles. I ripped the screeching piezo out of the pcb, thus preventing false signals from activating it.
Naturally the auto step stopped working. The wiring for the step would be far superior if they used a 3 way switch: up-step in, down-step out, centre off. Instead they use a push-to-make switch which sends a signal to a computer which does whatever it likes. The three way step switch is a standard leisure vehicle step switch which is made by the standard leisure vehicle switch company and is fitted to many makes. It actually requires less labour and less cable than the push-to-make switch that A/S use. I fitted one and it's fine, it bypasses the stupid microprocessor.
As an aside, for all the componentry in the EC700, I reckon as a retired electronics engineer that £500 is good value for money. Pity it doesn't work very well, and is connected in a most un-professional (dangerous) way.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:29 am

Currently in Germany & still having issues in that the control panel is still reporting low vehicle battery voltage, just don’t understand why it’s still doing this after the EC700 has been replaced for a new unit, also the toggle switch for switching between leisure battery or vehicle battery doesn’t work & the selection of smart battery selection between vehicle & leisure battery seems flakey. Feel like I have no option but to get booked in with Auto-Sleepers for further diagnostics & investigation as I can’t seem to get anywhere, have contacted both Sargent & Auto Sleepers but both have failed to respond to the problem or assist in anyway! 

Back to dealer - One thing after another! - Page 2 Img_4312

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:35 am

Can't help with your problem but Iam surprised you haven't changed your tag

Get a life ......get something that works. smile!

Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:21 am

Yes been rather unlucky with this van, dealer blamed all the EC700 issues on the lithium we had installed but despite reverting it back to AGM we’re still having problems… I could just trade in & get rid & find another but MrsCC is reluctant to do so, just feels like it’s going to be endlessly ongoing with one issue or another.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:26 am

We had a lot of 12 volt issues for the first three years and my wife wanted to sell but we had already spent a lot on the van and were reluctant to sell.

Eventually we cracked it but not with much help from willersea.

Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Tue Sep 03, 2024 6:51 pm

CC: that must be so disheartening. And presents the dilemma which you have described. I feel sorry for you. My instinct would be to persevere but I’d be very very stroppy with AS  - last chance and all that. 
Best of luck,
 Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:27 pm

Thanks Cymro, the frustrating part is not so much the issues it’s trying to make sense of it & attempting to get it rectified that’s so frustrating & wears you down, have contacted Auto Sleepers on 3 occasions, last I heard Thursday last week a technician was calling me to discuss. 

Sargent again I have contacted twice & been given a ticket number but again heard zilch, the installers of the lithium we had installed who seem to be responsible for all these woes have also gone quite on us with no response which considering the money we have spent with them having both our vans upgraded is extremely disappointing & I can therefore no longer recommend them as they’ve just left us in the lurch knowing the issues we were encountering & despite the system being fine & actually worked pretty well till they did whatever they did… 

Incidentally does anyone know if the wiring harness that runs under the bench where the leisure battery has a number of wago connectors joining wires as standard? As I’m not sure if this how Auto Sleepers have done it or if this is down to the installer tampering with the wiring as we currently have about 10 or more wago connectors within the wiring which is leaving me a bit uncertain about things?

Male

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Sep 03, 2024 8:26 pm

CC wrote:Thanks Cymro, the frustrating part is not so much the issues it’s trying to make sense of it & attempting to get it rectified that’s so frustrating & wears you down, have contacted Auto Sleepers on 3 occasions, last I heard Thursday last week a technician was calling me to discuss. 

Sargent again I have contacted twice & been given a ticket number but again heard zilch, the installers of the lithium we had installed who seem to be responsible for all these woes have also gone quite on us with no response which considering the money we have spent with them having both our vans upgraded is extremely disappointing & I can therefore no longer recommend them as they’ve just left us in the lurch knowing the issues we were encountering & despite the system being fine & actually worked pretty well till they did whatever they did… 

Incidentally does anyone know if the wiring harness that runs under the bench where the leisure battery has a number of wago connectors joining wires as standard? As I’m not sure if this how Auto Sleepers have done it or if this is down to the installer tampering with the wiring as we currently have about 10 or more wago connectors within the wiring which is leaving me a bit uncertain about things?
There were no Wago connectors on mine before I used them to fit my Votronic Duo Dig solar regulator and replaced by burnt out Sargent EM40 with an Apuljack High Current EM40.  Any Wagos you have are aftermarket and better IMO than most of the connectors used by Sargent. 

Really sorry to hear of your continued problems.  My instinct also is to persevere with it.  I am sure that sooner or later your problems will be resolved.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Libraryman2 Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:21 pm

I don’t know how different the EC 700 is to the EC500, but I changed over to a 300a/h Lifepo battery and to press it hasn’t created any issues for me, I’m still running the 20amp fuse too.

Personally I think the em40 has a lot to answer for with the under rated connectors and inverted layout creating issues.
My em40 burnt out over a year ago now, initially you wouldn’t know about it, other than the fridge failing to switch over on auto select, but gradually things started to play up.

I repaired mine with Wago connectors, then fitted the lithium battery and it appears to be o.k. But I believe the failure left it’s mark, with the fridge connection brick showing signs of overheating ( recently replaced)

My Truma boiler failed shortly after the em40, I can’t positively say that the Truma issue was Dow to the em40 but it was a very odd coincidence.
Libraryman2
Libraryman2

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Corinium FB

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2