The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway door mirror the long and short of it

4 posters

Go down

Broadway door mirror the long and short of it Empty Broadway door mirror the long and short of it

Post by kawa600 Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:45 pm

Good Morning Owners

I am new to the site as just joined after purchasing a Broadway EL about 3 weeks ago. The story goes, I was in Wiltshire congratulating myself how well I had done with the motor home  I hadn't hit anything or more importantly anyone when I was just sitting at the side of the road (off the road) checking my route when BANG! my drivers door mirror had been hit by a passing van I immediately jumped out to see the van disappear and thought that's that then this young figure appeared and was very apologetic etc he said his wing mirror had gone completely but mine was intact apart from the bottom section which was hanging out anyway he told me to get it fixed and gave me his name and number and I set about taping it up and it survived my journey home. NOW I am totally confused   , I have never seen so many wing mirror choices in all my life which all state they fit a fiat ducato and prices are all over the place BUT the problem I am having is the "arm" dimension I assumed that mine were long arm but when I check the dimension it say 's 23cm so i  assumed after that they are medium alas no the dimension shows 14 cm  MIne seem to measure 17cm . I am totally confused now  confused3  I have found a load of writing on the underside of the mirror ficomirrors but checking them out the website is all in Polish ! Sorry to write a novel just wondering if anyone has a broadway el and had to replace the wing mirror and if so where did they source it from. 
Cheers
Paul
kawa600
kawa600

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EL
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Broadway door mirror the long and short of it Empty Re: Broadway door mirror the long and short of it

Post by Paulmold Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:24 pm

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Broadway door mirror the long and short of it Empty Re: Broadway door mirror the long and short of it

Post by IanH Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:48 pm

The bog standard Boxer or Ducato when just a panel van will have short arm mirrors, they can be as the van width is constant for its length
In your case, the habitation body is wider than the cab so the mirror arms need to be longer otherwise all you'd see in the mirror would be the front of the hab body.
Depending on the extremes of body with, depends the mirror arm length.

The way to find out is photograph the other one (undamaged) an compare to Paul's catalogue pics.

Sod's law also works well here too!

The longer the arm, the more likely someone else will hit it, as happened to us in Ireland recently!!

Audi, and others are now replacing wing mirrors with stalk cameras, as are buses and HGV's, they can be mounted higher up and the screens are on the windscreen pillars, inside.

Broadway door mirror the long and short of it Images14

This gives lots of options as cameras are a lot better than mirrors nowadays. I am considering a trial mod to mine on just one side to see how it would be in practice, the tiny camera can be on a "rubber" mount allowing it to flex if hit, won't be rubber but flexible plastic... With 2 monitors per side, I could have one camera, more or less where the mirror currently is but higher, and another above the rear light on the back, or even on the roof each side...
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjan Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:03 pm

You also need to check if your off side mirror has the outside temperature thermometer as you need to replace like for like. Kevin
kevjan
kevjan

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Broadway door mirror the long and short of it Empty Thank you

Post by kawa600 Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:17 am

Good Morning 
Thanks to you guys for replying to my topic. I followed your link Paul to the the wing mirror man which was a good site however after finally sorting out what i need it wasn't stocked and had to be a special order BUT I did find another site called "The Wing mirror Company" where I was more successful. I didn't realise just how careful you have to be on the spec so may different options but I think I am sorted now so thank you also to Ian and Kevin (yes I do have a temp sensor I didn't know about lol). Once again thank you all , a very positive experience on my first post. I have now got to find a video on how to fit it with remus blinds involved but no doubt you tube is the go to option 
Cheers 
Paul
kawa600
kawa600

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EL
Vehicle Year : 2023

Paulmold, Cymro and Nue like this post

Back to top Go down