The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hob Extractor Fan

5 posters

Go down

Hob Extractor Fan Empty Hob Extractor Fan

Post by CC Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:03 pm

Seems like I keep finding issues with our new to us Broadway, beginning to think our vehicle has had a bit of a tough life with its previous owner. 

Our fan extractor isn’t working as it should… I know they don’t extract as such & they are just a filter which I presume is replaceable or do you just clean? Anyway I digress, when you switch it on the fan is intermittent & the lights continually go off & back on, as well as going dull then bright again, just curious if these are known for being troublesome or are we just unlucky with ours? 

Any idea what the cost is to replace these? Will probably add it to the list with our dealer to get it looked at before the warranty expires, they’ll be getting fed up with us  twiddle_thumbs

Hob Extractor Fan Img_3917

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Hob Extractor Fan Empty Re: Hob Extractor Fan

Post by Dbvwt Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:25 pm

No problems with mine but it’s rarely used, just sounds like maybe a bad connection in the 12v feed??
They are pretty simple units, if you feel competent a couple of screws and the cover drops down for further investigation.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:49 pm

Taken mine apart many times as you have to remove it to get to screws holding microwave on mine. One screw in each front corner drops first part then spring clips on front corners hold second part which gives access to filter. I did have to make minor adjustment to fan as it kept catching the casing around it.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bargee Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:04 pm

Dbvwt wrote:No problems with mine but it’s rarely used, just sounds like maybe a bad connection in the 12v feed??
They are pretty simple units, if you feel competent a couple of screws and the cover drops down for further investigation.

Agree. If both fan and lights are intermittent then it does not sound particularly like an issue within the actual unit, more an intermittent fault in the overall power supply, so check what you can from the fuse onwards. The final connection to my filter unit / light is a loop of cable hidden in a length of plastic trunking in the head locker to the left of the unit. The connections in that loop of cable are not readily apparent since crudely taped up but it could literally be just wires twisted together or something not much better. I found just twisted wires on a light connection elsewhere in the van. The fan works when (rarely) needed so I haven't delved any further as yet.
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:59 pm

Its probably one of the in line crimps in the trunking in the cupboard above the fan unit.

The filter in the hood is a metal wire and easy to clean.

Hob Extractor Fan 20240711
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : 2016

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:27 pm

Peter Brown wrote:Its probably one of the in line crimps in the trunking in the cupboard above the fan unit.

The filter in the hood is a metal wire and easy to clean.

Hob Extractor Fan 20240711

Thanks Peter  up!

Male

Member Age : 59

Back to top Go down