The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GREY TANK SENSORS ON BOURTON

4 posters

Go down

GREY TANK SENSORS ON BOURTON Empty GREY TANK SENSORS ON BOURTON

Post by WANDERING DAVE Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:21 pm

Hi can anyone tell me the best way to clean the sensors on the grey water tank, on a A/S Bourton.

The gauge is showing full but the tank is empty.
WANDERING DAVE
WANDERING DAVE

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : BOURTON
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

GREY TANK SENSORS ON BOURTON Empty Re: GREY TANK SENSORS ON BOURTON

Post by Paulmold Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:00 pm

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:29 pm

This is the most recent post but there is plenty more on the Forum if you search for it:

https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t44091-cleaning-waste-tank-probes?highlight=tank+sensors

I've used a proprietary waste tank cleaner (Pro-Kleen Intense Waste Pipe & Tank Cleaner) and not at the same time the citric acid solution I use to sterilise and descale the freshwater and HW tanks and internal pipes.  Both work but I find it takes time and you have to drive around with it in the tank.  I'm cleaning my tank now and every few days I drain the solution into a bucket through a steel mesh to separate out the big bits of muck and then put the solution back into the tank through different plug holes.  I keep thinking I've got it clean then more muck appears.  My plan is to leave it in the tank when we go on our next trip at the end of the month so the sloshing around cleans it more.  

Here is a photo of the muck that has just come out of the tank:

GREY TANK SENSORS ON BOURTON Img_7410

After a trip I force mains water from a hose pipe through each plug hole which helps but has clearly not stopped all the muck from forming.  Others on the Forum fill their kitchen sink with warm water and add a dishwasher tablet and let that slosh around their tank whilst they drive home.

It is also possible that the sensors are giving a false reading because the connections at the back of the sensors on the outside of the tank and where the spade connectors to the vehicle harness are bundled are wet/dirty.  The solution to this is to clean, dry and seal them which also applies to the freshwater tank sensors.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by WANDERING DAVE Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:20 pm

Thank you Paul, I was just wondering if anybody had any success with any of the products you can buy which are supposed to clean the tank and sensors.
It looks like there is no way you can get to the sensors for cleaning.
WANDERING DAVE
WANDERING DAVE

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WANDERING DAVE Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:32 pm

Caraman wrote:This is the most recent post but there is plenty more on the Forum if you search for it:

https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t44091-cleaning-waste-tank-probes?highlight=tank+sensors

I've used a proprietary waste tank cleaner (Pro-Kleen Intense Waste Pipe & Tank Cleaner) and not at the same time the citric acid solution I use to sterilise and descale the freshwater and HW tanks and internal pipes.  Both work but I find it takes time and you have to drive around with it in the tank.  I'm cleaning my tank now and every few days I drain the solution into a bucket through a steel mesh to separate out the big bits of muck and then put the solution back into the tank through different plug holes.  I keep thinking I've got it clean then more muck appears.  My plan is to leave it in the tank when we go on our next trip at the end of the month so the sloshing around cleans it more.  

Here is a photo of the muck that has just come out of the tank:

GREY TANK SENSORS ON BOURTON Img_7410

After a trip I force mains water from a hose pipe through each plug hole which helps but has clearly not stopped all the muck from forming.  Others on the Forum fill their kitchen sink with warm water and add a dishwasher tablet and let that slosh around their tank whilst they drive home.

It is also possible that the sensors are giving a false reading because the connections at the back of the sensors on the outside of the tank and where the spade connectors to the vehicle harness are bundled are wet/dirty.  The solution to this is to clean, dry and seal them which also applies to the freshwater tank sensors.
Thank you Caraman,
I now know what to look for when buying something.
WANDERING DAVE
WANDERING DAVE

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:05 am

WANDERING DAVE wrote:Hi can anyone tell me the best way to clean the sensors on the grey water tank, on a A/S Bourton.

The gauge is showing full but the tank is empty.

Have often seen this on eBay, it looks like an extreme clean treatment might be worth a try… I always try to leave some clean water in ours with a good dose of fairy down the plug hole to slop around while driving, if nothing else it keeps the waste tank smelling fresh, unlike some of the vehicles we go into at shows & dealers that absolutely reek, always makes me wonder what some folks put down their drains for them to smell that bad. Also leave the taps open when it’s parked up on the drive so it can breath & air. 

GREY TANK SENSORS ON BOURTON Img_3812

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down