The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annual Habitation Service

2 posters

Go down

Annual Habitation Service Empty Annual Habitation Service

Post by Bill Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:34 am

I had my annual habitation service done yesterday at Marquis Motorhomes near Ipswich.  They seem to do a very thorough job taking about 3 and a half hours with a full list of readings given.  It was quite expensive but was softened a little bit by the 10% discount given by showing my Auto Sleepers Owners Club membership card.  Only minor 'advisory' was that the carbon monoxide alarm did not have an install date on it although I did replace it last year.  Fire extinguisher and smoke alarm very both fine.  Bill.
Bill
Bill

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Annual Habitation Service Empty Re: Annual Habitation Service

Post by v8oholic Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:14 am

It's good to have a reassurance that everything is working at the start of the season. It's a busy time of year though. Each year when one is completed, I immediately book for the following year.

I have a mobile workshop do mine, in fact they are coming to my house this afternoon. They are an NCC approved workshop. It takes about 2 hours and costs under £200. This will be their third visit. I don't know what it would cost at Marquis, it could well be less than that, but it's not as convenient for me!
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Annual Habitation Service Empty Re: Annual Habitation Service

Post by Bill Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:00 pm

v8oholic wrote:It's good to have a reassurance that everything is working at the start of the season. It's a busy time of year though. Each year when one is completed, I immediately book for the following year.

I have a mobile workshop do mine, in fact they are coming to my house this afternoon. They are an NCC approved workshop. It takes about 2 hours and costs under £200. This will be their third visit. I don't know what it would cost at Marquis, it could well be less than that, but it's not as convenient for me!
I agree with your comments entirely and have booked next year !  It is especially reassuring to know that the gas system has been pressure tested and both alarms checked out.

It was £205 at Marquis including my discount.
Bill
Bill

Male

Vehicle Year : 2017

v8oholic likes this post

Back to top Go down