The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

habitation service goodbye marquise

+10
Eltel
Dbvwt
rgermain
RML
Caraman
AutoSleepy_Don
Kdc
Paulmold
Tinwheeler
gef
14 posters

Go down

habitation service goodbye marquise Empty habitation service goodbye marquise

Post by gef Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:02 am

i had to change the date of my hab check due to an op.  on ringing up i was met with hostility and a very aggressive attitude.  i had asked for a certain technician as when others had done previous work on previous vans it came back with new damage which was always put right by this same person.   i was told that unless the van was completely stripped the technicians would refuse to work on it as well.
so i wondered do they really want customers and having a look around found another firm who offered to undertake work under warranty if needed and though i have no problem this van is just do its  second hab check.  
on ringing bliss only to happy to talk,  when do i want to bring it in, no need to empty so long as they can get to there bits and i loose a small discount but who cares. when hab check is complete i will come back if all is well with there name.
so after buying three new vans from marquise there will be no more hugegrins
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

habitation service goodbye marquise Empty Re: habitation service goodbye marquise

Post by Tinwheeler Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:51 pm

Welcome to the Non-Marquis club, gef.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

habitation service goodbye marquise Empty Re: habitation service goodbye marquise

Post by Paulmold Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:54 pm

With their reputation I'm amazed you brought 3 vans off them.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:13 pm

I do not want to be defending Marquis as there are problems/issues some have had which there is no excuse for. My own dealings with local Marquis have been ok to date,in fact good in respect of pushing AS with one particular warranty issue. I hope any dealings remain good,unfortunately I generally expect the worse cos that’s the way of the world many a time these days. Could it be just down to personnel at the branches or is the feeling its a company attitude that brings out these issues.
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:21 pm

Kdc wrote:I do not want to be defending Marquis as there are problems/issues some have had which there is no excuse for. My own dealings with local Marquis have been ok to date,in fact good in respect of pushing AS with one particular warranty issue. I hope any dealings remain good,unfortunately I generally expect the worse cos that’s the way of the world many a time these days. Could it be just down to personnel at the branches or is the feeling its a company attitude that brings out these issues.
My feeling is that it’s both. Certainly there are staff issues at the branch I used but when AS simply pushed a letter of complaint back to the Marquis branch manager who was responsible for the shortcomings I experienced, it told me AS were uninterested and weren't prepared to sort matters.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:54 pm

I live between 2 Marquis branches.  Winchester and Newbury.  Winchester has been OK, Newbury is really awful.  

Last I heard the manager of the Winchester branch is now managing both branches so maybe Marquis have recognised problems and have taken remedial action.  However, I will never find out because I will never go back to the Newbury branch.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:42 am

AutoSleepy_Don wrote:I live between 2 Marquis branches.  Winchester and Newbury.  Winchester has been OK, Newbury is really awful.  

Last I heard the manager of the Winchester branch is now managing both branches so maybe Marquis have recognised problems and have taken remedial action.  However, I will never find out because I will never go back to the Newbury branch.
I had a similar experience with the Newbury (Chieveley) branch.  After about 4 months I stopped going to them and took our problems to the A-S Service Centre at Willersey.  Although double the distance (2 hours instead of 1) it was worth it.  There's also more to do around Willersey whilst waiting for the van.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by RML Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:46 am

I use a mobile technician who does the work on my drive, I don't need to completely empty the van and he's less expensive than main dealers.  
Rich..
RML
RML

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex - Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2008

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:52 am

RML wrote:I use a mobile technician who does the work on my drive, I don't need to completely empty the van and he's less expensive than main dealers.  
Rich..
Once the van is out of warranty, I could end up doing the same but we don't mind an annual visit to Willersey/Broadway if its part of a trip.  They don't require the van to be emptied to work on it and even provide a free hook-up if you want to stay overnight.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

RML likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:29 am

To be honest, now van is 6 years old I do my own.
--------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:50 am

rgermain wrote:To be honest, now van is 6 years old I do my own.
--------
Richard

Me too Richard, as soon as the van was out of warranty. If you are relatively handy then - safety aspects aside - I’d rather save the money.
I don’t know if a full habitation history would increase the value at sale time? On say a 10 year old van, you can tell pretty quickly if a van has been looked after, habitation history or not.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:58 am

When I p/x our last van, the salesman didn't seem very interested in passed paperwork, just looked over the van, offered us a price, which we agreed. By the time we got home he had put our VW on the web! +£5k.
On the day we picked up our new van, there was a couple waiting to collected our old van. 

Al this was 6 years ago, long before the recent buying trends.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltel Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:49 am

My 2017 Nuevo EK is due for its habitation check in the next few weeks.

Can anyone remind me what the warranty period is for AS part of the motorhome.

I am aware the Peugeot was 3years

I have used Derby Motorhomes since buying the motorhome for all my habitation checks and are very Satisfied but the price has raised dramatically of recent.

Any comments will be useful 

Terry
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:27 am

Eltel wrote:My 2017 Nuevo EK is due for its habitation check in the next few weeks.

Can anyone remind me what the warranty period is for AS part of the motorhome.

I am aware the Peugeot was 3years

I have used Derby Motorhomes since buying the motorhome for all my habitation checks and are very Satisfied but the price has raised dramatically of recent.

Any comments will be useful 

Terry
3 years for both but some of the sub-components on the habitation side e.g. the water pump, awning etc, have a shorter warranty.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:55 pm

When my leisure battery failed at 18 months, was told AS only give 90 days confused3
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RML Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:13 pm

We've owned our van for almost 5 years now and until this service we've had it done at the dealers or an authorisd workshop.  This recent service revealed that of the 2 leisure batteries one is lead acid and the other is AGM - both are working well. The Co alarm took 6 minutes to sound when tested with gas and I'll replace it before we go out again.  I wouldn't have discovered these item myself.  
Rich..
RML
RML

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex - Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltel Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:23 pm

I wasn’t suggesting that I would be doing the habitation check myself just getting a alternative quote from other than a AS dealer.
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

RML likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by timsurf2021 Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:29 am

I know Marquis has a poor reputation but I have had excellent service from the sales department on our 2 Auto-Sleepers bought from the Southampton branch (Lower Upham) Richard the manager has done everything possible to get us our latest van due to a mix up with promised dates by Auto-Sleepers including letting us have a brand new Kingham as a stop gap. I have also met the CEO of Marquis who again was very helpful. A few problems on the warranty side but that was down to Auto-Sleepers supplying the wrong parts not the dealer. I have worked in the motor trade for 45 years and can't understand why the motorhome trade is so bad with the warranty and supply of parts. When working for a Ford dealership we could go ahead with repairs straight away unless it was a major component like an engine which required authorisation, not having to send photos to the manufacturer and waiting weeks for parts to arrive. In my own business if parts weren't available on the day there was a 99% I would have them the next day. A friend of mine waited 9 months for a locker catch from Adria. I think a lot of the bad reputation of Marquis is down to the manager, we had a very poor experience with their Gomshall branch when trying to road test their automatic van. The salesman had no idea why we were there even though we has made an appointment with him, kept us waiting for ages, drove the van to the fuel station un registered and without trade plates, more waiting, asked to see the manager but told he was not available. We just walked out, on the way home we got a message to phone the salesman to make another appointment!! An email to their CEO got the vehicle bought down to our local branch.
timsurf2021
timsurf2021

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:54 pm

I've got a mobile guy coming to do mine. I've wasted enough of my life with my local Marquis already. They are one of the worst branches of any company I have ever dealt with. I've no doubt other branches might be better, though.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotbulb Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:11 pm

Who is the chap coming to do your van? I'm in the same sort of general area myself so could be interested!
Hotbulb
Hotbulb

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:55 pm

Hotbulb wrote:Who is the chap coming to do your van? I'm in the same sort of general area myself so could be interested!
It’s these guys:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:32 am

well i have now had my habitation done by sharman caravans in ipswich and i am very pleased so i will be back there again. nice to have a pleasant welcome and no aggression or demands. the only problem was one blocked jet on the oven which i doubt marquise would have noticed.
 i did have a call from marquise  sales department and when mentioning his service dep't he totally agreed they were in need of being sorted out.  what an own goal.  when they were in my local area they were excellent any problem was chased through and corrected you could not fault them.
i also told the sales department that the next van i buy will not be from them
gef

Male

Member Age : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:35 am

Have you tried Spinney Terry not sure if their Stoke branch does motorhomes

Roger
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltel Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:51 am

Hi Roger

I’ve booked into Phil Cavender at Rugeley for the habitation check quoted £150

Used him last year to do a full wash and wax of motorhome, and they did a excellent job. £80 which they are also doing again this year 

I’m not one for climbing ladders as I suffer a little from vertigo 

I’ll let you know how I go on

The  motorhome had a full service and MOT at a local garage I know this week for £184.00 

Comes from a recommendation by a friend 

Terry
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down