The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick XL Vehicle battery not charging

2 posters

Go down

Warwick XL Vehicle battery not charging Empty Warwick XL Vehicle battery not charging

Post by baz77 Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:42 am

Went to start van yesterday only to find it would not start. Van has been on EHU since last run 3 weeks ago. Got the van jump started and took it for a run , control panel showing yellow for van battery when I got back so hooked up to EHU over night. Panel showing that van was charging from EHU. Just had a look this morning and panel has not changed, does not look as though the battery has taken on ang charge overnight. Van is 10 year old Warwick XL . battery was new in  October. Any ideas?
baz77
baz77

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL Vehicle battery not charging Empty Re: Warwick XL Vehicle battery not charging

Post by Kdc Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:07 am

Baz….. if van has been on hook up for 3 weeks and did not start I think you need some voltage readings to get to the issue here, so hopefully you have a volt meter or access one.
Check voltage across battery at rest,no load or chargeing. If charged expect around 12.6v,if low probably less than 12v.
Put charger on and check charger is supplying 13volts plus.
If battery sits around12.6 and has taken a charge check out battery terminals and connections. If it doesn’t charge then despite being relatively
 new it looks suspect. 
With some readings and no conclusion I am sure you will get further advice if you come back to forum.
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

baz77 likes this post

Back to top Go down