The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vehicle battery charging

4 posters

Go down

Vehicle battery charging Empty Vehicle battery charging

Post by daveH Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:58 pm

Hi All, can someone tell me - I have a 2013 Sussex Duo - when on electric hook-up on a campsite does the campsite mains supply top up both the leisure and vehicle battery or just the leisure battery. Observing the battery status leds I note that the leisure battery is fully toped up but the vehicle battery never seams to reach fully charged status.
wink02
daveH
daveH
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Vehicle battery charging Empty Re: Vehicle battery charging

Post by Heanorboy Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:24 pm

assuming that your control panel is the same as mine you have to press the button which indicates the vehicle battery the charging is then to this battery only
you should be able to check if it charging by putting a volt metre either over the battery terminals or via one of the cab sockets (IGN on)
David

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex 2012 Dorset W
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by crosgor Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
If you have a cab socket which is always on you can monitor your vehicle battery with this device, if you have to turn the ignition on it will read low as the glow plugs or fuel pump is activated. I have one plugged in next to the TV so that I can use it as an excuse to switch it off( my darling wife doesn't read this  alittlesecret)
crosgor
crosgor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : ex-Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by maricardo Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:28 am

Hi
I have Sussex Duo 2013 also.

The control panel will automatically set itself to domestic battery and this will be charged when connected to mains hook-up.  If you select vehicle battery on the control panel the vehicle battery will be charged but it will revert to domestic battery after panel is switched off and on again. Only one or other battery can be charged at one time.
John
maricardo
maricardo

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : sussex duo
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down