The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remis Roof Hatch leak

3 posters

Go down

Remis Roof Hatch leak Empty Remis Roof Hatch leak

Post by Patrick Dyer Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:34 am

We have an intermittent leak from the rear roof hatch of our 2012 Warwick Duo. This usually only occurs with a combination of wind and rain. My initial thought was that in these conditions wind could lift the cover and drive water up and over the lip at the same time - especially as there is some movement when it is in the down position if you push on it. However, closer Inspection of the unit on the outside shows this is unlikely due to the housings' design and instead it would seem more logical that the bottom seal could be at fault, especially as there is evidence of previous repair (not very neat) with a black sealant applied in some areas over sections of the Auto-Sleeper white sealant. Has anyone experienced similar and is it usual to be able to push the cover up from underneath my a couple of mm when in the down position? Thanks in advance Patrick
Patrick Dyer
Patrick Dyer

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Remis Roof Hatch leak Empty Re: Remis Roof Hatch leak

Post by Toffee Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:33 am

When you close the hatch you are supposed to wind the handle one further half turn, I believe this secures it in place maybe with additional clips that latch to the clear hatch. 
 It must not be more than half a turn otherwise you will break it. The housing that holds the handle can be easily removed by using a wide implement to insert between the roof lining and the plastic surround to lever it down and pop it off various ball socket fixings. 
This might be necessary so you can realign the winding handle on its splines to achieve the correct half turn and align the handle so it parks and folds back into its slot.
Removing it will also allow better visual access to the underside of the hatch and help diagnose where the leak is coming from.
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Remis Roof Hatch leak Empty Re: Remis Roof Hatch leak

Post by Fixer Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:56 am

As it shows signs of previous re sealing I would bite the bullet and take it out completely, clean all mating surfaces and reseal it. Better than risking damage or staining of the interior.
2 hours at the most to sort it
Fixer
Fixer

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down