The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

False readings. Fresh/waste water levels

5 posters

Go down

False readings. Fresh/waste water levels Empty False readings. Fresh/waste water levels

Post by Victor Johnstone Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:52 am

I received an alarm from Sargent Autosleeper monitor.. It said temp below zero and you have water in your tanks. I had  drained all of the tanks in November. The readout on the electronic controller shows 25% fresh, 75% waste. The tanks are def empty and flushed through.

2020 Warwick Duo. Not sure about the control panel. EC700?

Any thoughts? Thanks as always.

Great van but there are niggles! There's aye sumthin!!!
Victor Johnstone
Victor Johnstone

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2020

Victor Johnstone likes this post

Back to top Go down

False readings. Fresh/waste water levels Empty Re: False readings. Fresh/waste water levels

Post by Sleepy Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:07 am

Our van invariably shows the waste as full or partially full these days.  It all worked fine when new, but I suspect remains of dirty/greasy water just hangs around the sensors and gives a false "full" reading.  It also worked fine for a while after I gave the tank a proper clean, so I don't think it is a failed sensor (on our van).
I don't have such a good explantion for your fresh water tank showing 25%.
On our van the lowest part of the tank is front right, so I would just find some suitably sloped ground depending on your tank layout and empty the tranks.  You should be able to feel convinced that they are empty after that.

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

False readings. Fresh/waste water levels Empty Re: False readings. Fresh/waste water levels

Post by Dave Gee Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:13 am

Possibly the seal on the outside of the sensor isn't quite 100% and damp has got into it and is giving a false reading.  My waste water always gives a contents reading of around 25% when it rains, just haven't got round to checking the sensors yet.
Dave Gee
Dave Gee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by arkwright Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:25 am

The sensors on the outside of the tank are possibly damp. Happens on my Symbol when the roads are wet, fine when dries out. I need to clean and re-seal the sensors when weather permits.  hugegrins

It obviously happens a lot as it's on the A/S website....
arkwright
arkwright
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:16 am

Was the temp below 2ºC when the alarm was sent?  If it happened when the tanks were empty it suggests you don't shutdown the EC700 PSU when the van is out of use so the sensors are permanently on.  It has been suggested on the Forum that this contributes to their unreliability by wearing them out but I don't know if this is true.  Shutting down the EC700 would stop the frost alerts being sent.  The problem with your sensors is most likely caused by damp between them internally and/or externally.  A good clean and descale of both tanks, applying sealant to the outside of the sensors and checking their spade connectors with the harness are clean and dry should all help.  A similar problem was reported here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It might be the damp weather.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Johnstone Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:58 am

Thanks caraman and everyone. All interesting and helpful.
Victor Johnstone
Victor Johnstone

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down